and after which really sucks cause music was my only escape
A CALM SEA NEVER MADE A WORTHY SAILOR!
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Re: Man I was doing so good

Postby sixdeep357 on February 24th, 2011, 4:38 pm

tripper76 wrote:LOL Yeah
Long lost cousins ...lol yep I have all of that stuff just out of curiosity did you ever take paxil I took paxil for 10 years and got off it 2 and a half years ago

I took zoloft for 2 years and prozac for 5. But I had all the visual aura's when I was a kid and took the meds in high school. They didn't do anything to help the visuals.

Did they help you or make the visuals worse?
sixdeep357

Postby tripper76 on February 24th, 2011, 4:44 pm

I believe they made it worse
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby sixdeep357 on February 24th, 2011, 5:06 pm

tripper76 wrote:I play guitar and recently my left hand has been twitching during play
and after which really sucks cause music was my only escape

I just refuse to give up doing things that I love to do. I workout in the gym 5 days a week and I run about 10 miles or so. My calves go crazy twitching when I'm done and my quads, lats, etc. but it's something that I choose to live with. The cramping is horrible too. I'll get charlie-horses in my lats so bad sometimes, but I don't care...the next day I'll do deadlifts and all sorts of back exercises regardless. I always pay for it. I ran a half marathon 3 months ago and my calves were so stiff even after a mile but it's like, I don't want this to control my life. If I can run, then I'm going to run even if I move like Frankenstein. I know that running makes the twitching worse temporarily, but nobody can say that running or lifting weights will make it permanently worse. Until someone can prove that, I'm going to continue. Plus, strength gains in the gym aid my psychological outlook. There's no better proof that you don't have a serious, debilitating, neurological disease, than to have a personal best in the gym. Just something positive to combat the negative.

I play the guitar too. I don't have twitching in my hands, but they are always stiff. Perceived weakness? Maybe. Or, it could be carpel tunnel. I feel like I can't play very long anymore because my hands hurt. They don't hurt me in the gym LOL. Figure that one out.

You gotta keep playing, twitching or not, especially if it's something you love. You gotta keep your sanity in all this.

BTW - is your screen name indicative of LSD use? Obviously you don't have to answer if you don't feel comfortable. The reason I ask is because visual migraine aura's and LSD aura's are very similar. I've done quite a bit of studying into the subject. Message me if you want to talk.
sixdeep357

Postby tripper76 on February 24th, 2011, 9:46 pm

I did acid like 10 times ...but my visual stuff is the same as you just said alot like lsd stuff without the hallucinations I mean by that I dont see things like animals and monsters and people that are not there lol but the colors and tracers and such are like lsd in a way
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby sixdeep357 on February 25th, 2011, 9:48 am

I have a really good friend who tripped frequently and one time he tripped and never completely came back. He spiraled out of control...anxiety through the roof. He couldn't sleep, couldn't function. He tried a bunch of different meds, most just made it worse. Finally, he tried lexapro and that helped him get his life back. It's just enough to take off that edge. Not sure what you've tried and I know some have had problems with lexapro, but might be worth a shot.
sixdeep357

Postby bfshopeful on February 25th, 2011, 11:40 am

Funny you mentioned Paxil tripper. I took Paxil for 12 years and had switched to prozac when all this *beep* started. I then went to Lexapro, but I am convinced that the SSRI use for that long can do something. It does mess with your neuro transmitters as well as seratonin levels which have an effect on dopamine.
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby twitchinstinks on February 25th, 2011, 9:06 pm

Me too! I have been great since December and now my toes and feet are twitching like crazy. 7 weeks of barely a twitch. Now its back.... Sigh....
twitchinstinks
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tripper76 on February 25th, 2011, 9:23 pm

I feel your pain I am sorry you are having a bad time
tripper76
Hero
Hero

Postby mw2c on February 25th, 2011, 9:32 pm

zenseo wrote:Good post! I often find myself trying to lump other symptoms in with the twitching—partly because I feel like I may uncover some condition doctors have overlooked. My vertigo was dx as… Ready for this? Benign Positional Paroxysmal Vertigo. I will say that I will take the twitching over the vertigo any day, it is just plain horrible.

I was diagnosed with Benign Positional Vertigo about 13 years ago and with BFS 4 months ago after having symptoms for 3 months. The vertigo has gotten better over time (no more "spinning"), but my balance never returned to normal. My BFS symptoms began with a twitch in my back during a long flight home from Europe to NY, (although a year earlier my eyebrow twitched for 48 hours straight- don't know if it's related). That led to twitches and pulsing everywhere, but only when I was sitting or lying down. Recently it seems to have morphed into more of a buzzing in my feet and fingers. This forum has been a lifesaver. My anxiety level pretty much goes from very high to off the charts. My neurologist told me not to look at certain websites and unfortunately I didn't take her advice. I really don't know which condition is worse.
mw2c

Postby Adamk on June 6th, 2014, 9:59 pm

I realize this is a dead post but I can't help but relate to this. I do well for a few weeks and then I have weeks of bad twitches. I too had vertigo before this. it that started after I wen on a cruise and the dizziness lasted for months. But all my symptoms started about 1 year after I began taking insomnia medicine ambien and Zoloft. I am connived this can be a cause for these symptoms. I never had any neurological issues like this before and I am not sure how it is related. but I keep finding people who are in the same boat as me. I have found relief with diet changes but I don't think that was the initial cause so it may not be my ultimate cure. I do believe there is a cure out there for us, I only wish we could bring some better awareness to this issue. We need real research and help that we are not getting now. People out there suffer without hope because they do even know what they have. We need to spread the word and bring hope to the hopeless. There is no silver bullet yet but I would like to at least know how to manage symptoms. That can be hard when even the best neurologists don't know or really care. After all there are much more popular illnesses out there.when was the last time anyone did a run for Bfs? I don't think that just because this isn't terminal, it should be ignored. This condition degrades greatly ones quality of life and that can be very painful in so many ways. How many more could prevent this if we only knew what can cause it? I think that is a worthy cause.
Adamk

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to The Support Group