Hey long time no speak

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hey long time no speak

Postby Kerri29 on April 20th, 2004, 12:01 pm

Hi,
It is me Kerrianne, I am sure you all remember me, I used to spaz out about ALS, and I still do. I am 8 1/2 months pregnant now and I am still scared about dying. I have had speech problems I feel like I talk slower and cannot get the words out. I had more emgs of the face and tongue in January, they were negative. I have seen the neuro in November and just last week, he says he wants to see me in October only because he knows how worried I am.

i have had two negative speech exams and this morning I made the mistake of reading the ALS forum and a question was asked about negative emgs and als and well the answer from Meg1 and John was that this had happended to them.

WHEN DOES ALL THIS STOP, I am still scared especially now with my speech problem, it has been going on since September.

Kerri :( :( :( :( :D
Kerri29

Postby jcavan4125 on April 20th, 2004, 12:47 pm

Hi Kerri,
Unfortunately this won't stop for you until you get your anxiety under control. You do not have ALS! You have been told so by countless physicians and you have had more EMGs than any ten people on this board. You have also been told multiple times by several of us on this board to stay off ALS web sites.
You need to be happy that you are going to soon be a mom and hopefully will be too busy to have the time to focus on your obsession.
I do wish you well. Good Luck!
Joe... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"! - Nietzsche
jcavan4125
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Pole on April 21st, 2004, 2:48 am

Kerri,

I hoped that you lost your ALS fears behind you. Girl, you don't have this. When I first time visit this forum you had been twitching for 13 months. Now it's 13 months for me, so for you it must be over 2 years !!!!

If you have ALS you would seat in a wheelchair now.

Forget about that, don't visit any medical website except baby care sites :)

Regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on April 21st, 2004, 2:41 pm

Hey Kerri,

Wow coming up soon, eh? I just had my baby last Thursday...and am I relieved not to be pregnant anymore! That last month is the toughest! I have to warn you though, that since I had the baby my twitching has been really bad...I'm not sure if it is due to the stress of the birth, lack of sleep, muscle tension, or what...but I am twitching worse than I have in a long time. Just thought I'd mention that so you wouldn't be scared if it happens to you.

I agree with Joe...until you get your anxiety under control, there is no way you will ever stop being afraid of ALS.

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on April 21st, 2004, 4:48 pm

Jen,

Congrats! Children are the most awesome reward anyone can experience in life. My wife and I have an almost 21 mth old baby girl, and it has been an unbelievable experience.

On another note, I can see how twitching could increase with a newborn. Just lack of sleep seems to make mine worse, and anyone with a newborn knows about sleep deprivation :cry: ! And the stress of going through the birth process.........now that is something you can't adequately describe to someone who hasn't been there. I probably almost fainted like four or five times :oops: ! I think my wife realized my situation and started coaching me on my breathing! Thankfully, we all made it through, and life is great, even if i do have BFS.

Congrats again!
Gary

P.S. - Kerri, sorry i changed the topic of you thread....I would just say work on the anxiety. Good news is that your not going to have a whole lot of time to be on the internet.
garym

Congrats!

Postby Bradford on April 22nd, 2004, 12:45 pm

Have your baby and not another EMG.

Best wishes to both of you.
Bradford
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Congrats!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group