Thank God

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thank God

Postby Mike Flake on April 8th, 2004, 10:33 am

I have been reading this forum for over a year now and silently stressing over my symptoms. About a year ago I developed a major sinus infection and an abscess in my sinus cavity. I would wakeup in the middle of the night breaking tremendous sweats. I lost weight and my health and attitude spiraled downward. After taking antibiotics for almost two months my health recovered. Unfortunately I started to develop muscle twitches in my calf muscles and the twitches spread to random parts of my body. I started reading about the symptoms and immediately gave myself ALS. I figured I would wait it out and see if I developed major symptoms. After a year of worry and depression I decided to get an EMG to put this to rest. My EMG came out perfectly clean and I felt it necessary to tell others of my experience. The twitching is still there but I guess this will become a part of my existence. It is much better than the alternative. I have never worried so much in my life. Every ache, sore spot, or cramp left me further convinced I was dying. The stress consumed my life and attitude. This seems to be a common theme that people on this forum experience. I would like to thank all of you for your postings and comments. Even though I never responded I learned a great deal about BFS.
Last edited by Mike Flake on April 8th, 2004, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Flake

Hi

Postby KimE on April 8th, 2004, 10:46 am

Any other symptoms? What antibiotics did you take, just out of curiousity?

ke
KimE

Re: Thank God

Postby Mike Flake on April 8th, 2004, 11:01 am

I can't remember the antibiotic but I have had every symptom that has been associated with BFS.
Mike Flake

Postby Jenn311 on April 8th, 2004, 2:33 pm

Hey Mike,

I had a really bad sinus infection a little over a year ago as well, (I get them all the time....) and was on Levequin for almost 2 months, not to mention several others I tried before that one that didn't do squat for me. That was around the time that my BFS, which developed 5 years ago, flared back up full-on. And other people have said they developed their BFS after an infection, viral or bacterial....so I think there must be some connection there.

So welcome aboard....glad you found this site helpful and supportive!

Peace, Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on April 8th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Jenn,

Watch the levaquin........I know I've said it before, but I'm saying it again :D .

Gary
garym

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group