Bad day...could use some help!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Bad day...could use some help!

Postby BTS on April 7th, 2004, 5:01 pm

Hi All,

As you know, I'm a pretty new poster here and explained my history. In a nutshell, I'm a 40 year old male who had the "whole gamut" of neurological testing 4 1/2 years ago (EMG, EEG, MRI, blood, you name it). Anyway, I went for almost 5 years without obsessing but it's really bothering me again. This twitch, localized in my upper left arm and elbow area, just won't go away. It waxes and wanes, sometimes going on the minute, every 5 minutes, or any variety in between. I've been to my GP twice, he did two basic neuro exams on me and said everything is fine, you don't have what your thinking (he also has my history).

He has advised me to see a psychologist, and says I absolutely do not need another EMG...he said it would be unnecessary considering I had such a thorough work-up in '99.

Like many of you, I'm having my "good" days and my "bad" days...today, for some reason, the twitch was bad, and I thought, geez, it's in my upper left arm, few in my forearm, few in the hand...progressing?

Now, I know right now I'm not being logical, but it is how I feel. No weakness, no atrophy, no other symptom, just the *beep* twitching in my left arm.

Similar experiences, encouragement (again), stories...all welcome and appreciated.

Again, sorry...just a really bad spell here and it's clearly gotten to me.

Thanks for everything, all.

BTS
BTS

Don't know what to say.

Postby RexM on April 7th, 2004, 5:20 pm

I certainly haven't had the condition nearly as long as you, but I know how the constant twitching can get to your mind. Please try to relax and be grateful that you don't have ALS. No way you could have twitching for as long as you have, along with clean tests, and still have that disease.
God bless you, and try to focus on positives. In my case, I've found that my "ALS period" led me to a much closer involvement in my faith. Now, whenever I start to feel anxious, or sorry for myself, I remind myself that I probably need that constant reminder to keep that relationship active.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TheyDon'tBelieveMe on April 8th, 2004, 12:54 am

You don't have ALS. Your only symptom is twitching. It's been five years. You ain't got it.
TheyDon'tBelieveMe

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group