Need some confirmation on aching and pains...

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Need some confirmation on aching and pains...

Postby RexM on April 6th, 2004, 10:47 am

I've had intermittent pain in the soles of my feet almost since the beginning of the fasciculations, which I believe I have found is a fairly common symptom of BFS. Now, however, I'm having pain [not severe, but definitely there] in my arms, along with kind of a stiff feeling in the wrists. The fasciculations are still widespread, although I did have several days of symptom free existence about ten days ago just before this all got worse.
Do any of you have similar issues?

PS, no apparent weakness, just pain, stiffness and some tremor feelings.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on April 6th, 2004, 11:57 am

Have you seen a rheumatologist about this?
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sorry

Postby RexM on April 7th, 2004, 11:13 am

No, I haven't seen a reumy.....[couldn't remember how to spell it].
However, since I posted that message, I've had a "revelation" about what is probably responsible for my pain and stiffness. Two days before the symptoms, I worked in a food pantry where I volunteer, and spent several hours moving heavy boxes around as we were reorganizing. Although I think the BFS exacerbates the degree of the muscle pain, I'm now pretty sure that this activity is what was responsible. It's better today.

Sometimes we need to remember that some of our symptoms may not be totally due to the neurology condition.

Thanks for your response.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on April 7th, 2004, 11:44 am

Carrying extra weight can definetly hurt your feet...I am 37 weeks pregnant and with toting around 25 extra pounds everyday, my feet have been killing me! Especially the tendons that run along the bottom sides of my feet. Granted, I only wear flip-flops, which my podiatrist said was a terrible idea, but things are worse with the extra weight. The reason I ask about the Rheumy is that when I first went to the doctor with bad foot pain he suggested it could be rheumatoid arthritis...he said foot pain, especially upon awakening that doesn't go away is a sign of that.

My foot pain waxes and wanes, and my podiatrist said I over-pronate(my foot rolls inward when I walk), plus I have some extra bone in my foot. He recommended orthotics, but then you can't wear those with sandals, well...I'll take my chances. So there are lots of reasons your feet could be hurting....Is it related to BFS? Who's to say! Foot pain is such a common complaint...But it is better than head pain!

Hang in there!

Jen :wink:
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

RexM

Postby KimE on April 7th, 2004, 3:14 pm

Hi Rex. I, too, have problems with my feet. In fact, it was one of the first things I noticed. That and a sort of achey feeling that would come and go.

I have not been diagnosed with BFS. Best as I can guesstimate, this all started around February 20th. So, I am not quite two months into it. I did, however have an EMG nine days ago that was normal. Ofcourse, that does not put me at ease.

Are your feet severe? Mine are not too severe but it is aggravating. Also, I wake in the night feeling like they are almost asleep or if I leave my legs crossed for any amount of time they feel tingly almost like they are asleep. I have also awoke in the night with a burning sensation on the front of my ankles. Also, get a burning in my quad area and probably twitch about 20 times a day.

Either way you toss the dice, it is goig to be a looong year.

I am losing my sanity to this crap.

ke
KimE

RexM

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group