Support question on twitch intensity.

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Support question on twitch intensity.

Postby RexM on April 2nd, 2004, 11:10 am

I've had this "thing" for seven months now with clean EMG's and Lyme tests. The twitching has been pretty consistent for the most part, concentrated in my calves and feet, with occasional twitches in arms, torso and facial "tightness". Also, occasional foot pain and numbness.

A week or so ago I had five days of [almost] twitch free existence. Then, for no apparent reason [no increased stress that I'm consciously aware of] I've now experienced several days of twitches in all major parts of my body not exactly continuously, but all day long, all the time. This HAS increased my stress, and now I'm having tremors in my arms. Anyone else had this kind of experience?
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dwl on April 2nd, 2004, 11:17 am

Pretty much everyone, I suspect! Welcome to the wonderful world of bfs.
dwl
Hero
Hero

Thanks....

Postby RexM on April 2nd, 2004, 11:32 am

For several months I've had a lot of comfort from Aaron's "nutshell" article, but there are things in there which concern me....like when it says that the "norm" for BFS is for twitches to subside to a few a day, when mine seem to have suddenly gotten stronger, more frequent and more widespread after several months of being about the same.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on April 2nd, 2004, 3:04 pm

Rex,

My wife asked one of the leading neurologists in the country about that same issue yesterday, "why are his twitching getting worse, and why haven't they diminished?" His answer was that it becomes a vicious cycle of people fixating on the problem, anxiety rising, and the problem getting worse. I don't feel like that has necessarily been the case for me, because even when i'm not stressed, i still twitch the same. I haven't had any waning of symptoms since this started, It has only gotten worse. Mine started only in the calves and they were very mild. I really couldn't feel them, and could barely see them. Now i have them in all parts of my body and my calves look like the are "alive" with fascics. I have this all the time, and i also have tremors in the arms (not so much lately). I know how disturbing this all can be, but it does fall under what we call BFS. As i've known for a long time, BFS comes in all shapes and sizes. If you've had a clean emg, don't let it get you down.

Good luck to you,
Gary
garym

Thanks, Gary....

Postby RexM on April 3rd, 2004, 11:53 am

Although it's too bad for you, it's comforting to know that in what is happening to me I am not alone.
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Thanks, Gary....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group