upcoming EMG app. causing stress and thus twitching?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

upcoming EMG app. causing stress and thus twitching?

Postby LisaW. on February 12th, 2004, 11:19 am

Arghhh! Have felt tons better since finding this site. Less apt to spend time worrying about muscle twitches and get on with life...then had massive stressful day yesterday - had to go to a settlement meeting with a garage that caused damage to my car. VERY NERVE WRACKING. An hour before my hands felt shaky and my thumb started thumping and my pinky started thumping and my legs were twitching up a storm. So then I think, this is totally stress related. But then the fear in the back of my mind says, well what if something is wrong with me and the anxiety is only increasing the problem which one of these days will rear its ugly head. And then I'm thinking, I think my foot feels weak...but is it? Am I only perceiving this? After meeting (which went fine) I go to gym and re-convince myself am fine - energy levels are fine, as is strength. Later had three glasses of wine - no twitching. NONE! So what does that mean? I am relaxed and that means is stress related? Or that would happen no matter what it was? then dr. called this morning with neuro app. in March and an EMG. this should be good news. But could also be closer to getting terrible news. Started worrying again, thumb and finger has started and legs going like crazy as well as a few in my arm and my jaw and my eye!!! Nooo!!! Am so nervous and scared but NOT harping on needlessly about my fears to partner as don't want to stress him out as well, or let him think am going nuts. Am venting however here...must regain perspective and control of inner doubt demons and be strong. I try so hard, but thumb twitching just rips the thin veneer of confidence right off of me.
LisaW.

Totally relating!

Postby Jayel on February 12th, 2004, 11:45 am

You could be quoting me verbatium. Fingers started, jaw, lip etc etc etc
since neuro scheduled testing for next Monday. Stress is tap-dancing on me all over!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Totally relating!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group