Hello, new to the forum :)

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hello, new to the forum :)

Postby Satch on February 3rd, 2004, 5:12 am

Hi everyone,

A week before my 18th birthday (8th January), I started getting these twitches, they only happened under my eye/eyelid at first, but then started to "spread" everywhere - to my thighs, then my buttocks (which were probably the worst :wink:) and now I get them just about everywhere.

Before bothering anyone I checked the internet and found out that it could be something serious, then I started to worry - so I went to see my GP, he referred me to a neurologist after the blood tests he did came back fine.

After finding this site I feel a bit better, especially because I've been told that not having any weakness (the opposite, in fact - I seem to have more energy than usual) and still being a teenager means that it (hopefully) isn't anything serious.

It doesn't make the twitching any less annoying though, and I'll probably still worry until I see the neurologist, but I feel a wee bit better now. :)
Satch

Postby sarahtonin on February 3rd, 2004, 7:01 am

Glad this place has helped a bit.

I won't do you any harm to see the neuro - at least for some piece of mind. If it's on the NHS you can expect a bit of a wait (mine was something like 4 months so I went private) but you seem to have come to terms with the darned twitching anyway. Stay that way :D

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Satch on February 3rd, 2004, 7:17 am

Yeah - I know it will take a while, if it takes 4 months like you I'll probably go private too. :)

That's one of the good things about the NHS though, sometimes during these long waits you end up fixing yourself anyway, it's happened to me before. :wink:
Satch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group