new twitcher

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

new twitcher

Postby Helen on January 22nd, 2004, 11:07 am

Hello all...I have to say this is the best support group and web site in the world!I have been twitching for almost 6 weeks now.Of course I immediately went to the computer and typed in twitching.OMG..I was going to die of ALS. I have always been a hypocondriac(sp?)I am 38 yeas old with 2 children and a husband. I started to plan my funeral in my head.I was going to watch my body die while my brain was fully aware .So far I have had a seres of blood tests done by my family doctor.The results were fine. I will be going back in 2 weeks and my doctor will probably send me to a neuro.Thank goodness i live in Canada and we have free health care!!!!MY twitches are in my toes,feet and calves. The twitches will even wake me up in the middle of the night.I have a weird buzzing feeling on the bottom of my feet that comes and goes.The twitches move around from toe to toe and in different areas of my feet and calves.These twitches are not visible.I have also had some eye twitching that comes and goes that are visible.
I am praying that it is just BFS. I will all let you know when I get more tests done. Thanks everyone for listening and being here for support.
Helen

Postby uber on January 22nd, 2004, 1:16 pm

Hi Helen and welcome to the site, the first thing you should know is that fascics are a secondary symptom of ALS, they happen cause the muscles are starting to waste and any neurologist will tell you that nearly all their ALS patients never even noticed the twitches and are usually first picked up on an EMF. So unless you are noticing any real muscle weakness anywhere in your body then I wouldnt worry too much about ALS.

Twitches have many many causes and its best to work with your doctor and neurologist to find the cause, stick around and if you need any support im sure there is many people here to help you.
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Helen on January 22nd, 2004, 5:11 pm

Thanks Uber...so far I have had no muscle weakness.
Helen

Just body-aware

Postby Jayel on January 22nd, 2004, 7:26 pm

Helen

As parents we are responsible to notice the physcial health of our children and hence I think we start to pick up on things about our own health. I began twitching about 4 months ago and have had all of the tests without any significant results. It is a frustrating process but you have to believe that BFS is real and we all have a story to tell. I love the one ANDREW posted last year about having BFS for 25 years!!! These are the things that will keep you going while you are waiting for tests.

Oh, and I can relate to being awakened--I woke up to my temple literally thumping one night. My twitching has greatly diminished with a decrease in my stress level. Try to relax and take a deep breath, you will be ok!
Best of luck and keep posting!

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Just body-aware

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group