Trying not to "Go there"reaching out!!!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Trying not to "Go there"reaching out!!!

Postby Jayel on January 15th, 2004, 6:45 pm

Guys-

I went to pick up my son at the sitter's house tonight. I had her look at my tongue, she was like, "Wow, you can see it quiver every 10 seconds or so." If you have read my posts, you know this has been persisting. In your novice, but more acclimated situations, how can I not freak on this one. Has anyone read or heard of anyone having such a perisitant twitch in the tongue associated with BFS. NOt just a twitch, but a constant one? I am trying not to go to one of "those" sites to look up the symptoms for "that" type of onset. I am about ready to call the neuro rather than bother everyone. I have had some responses, but none that seem to match up to my question. Thanks for listening :cry:

Jayel
Jayel
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Jayel--persistent tongue twitches

Postby mstwitch on January 16th, 2004, 8:58 am

Jayel, Yes, I have persistent twitching and quivering on my tongue along with occasional cramping. It has been going on for six or more months now. Please relax...don't worry...it is just another part of BFS. If you remember from my previous posts, I had been examined and tested at one of the finest facilities in the world. I am still doing fine, just twitching away! Good luck.
mstwitch

Postby Jenn311 on January 16th, 2004, 9:07 am

Jayel,

Have you curbed your caffeine consumption, or do you take any kind of stimulant, like Sudafed (a decongestant)? Adrenaline release caused from stress (or elation...but I doubt this is your current condition) is also a stimulant. I only get tounge twitches when I am on some kind of (non-illicit drug) high from these stimulants. That might be a good place for you to start your quest to end those annoying buggers...

Good luck!

Jen.

PS...Cool name!
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby osbormd on January 16th, 2004, 3:58 pm

Some days my tongue looks "scalloped" and is a quivering mess (exxageration, but my perception/fear); and then a day or two later it feels fine, very full, and doesn't look bad. Most of the time I think it looks bad, though. However, if it were ALS, it would have little or no strength by now, and would probably be showing atrophy. I've seen the textbook pictures and they look a lot worse than mine.... plus, you have to see it at rest in your mouth, not sticking it out.
osbormd

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group