Constant twitch I can't feel...

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Constant twitch I can't feel...

Postby sarahtonin on January 15th, 2004, 6:01 am

My logical side is telling me a twitch is a twitch is a twitch BUT I have this one on the side of my left thigh that has been there since Saturday. When it started I could feel it but now I can't feel it anymore, just see it - and it is constant, it has not stopped for more than 2 seconds these past few days. HELP - has anyone else got these? :(

I'm falling off the calm wagon.

Thank goodness it's not on my right leg else I would be in orbit by now...

Advise please.

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Jenn311 on January 15th, 2004, 8:56 am

Repeat after me: THis, too, shall pass!

I had a twitch that lasted in my thumb for months. Now it's gone. Maddening, but the more you stress, the more you twitch!

Hang in there!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby sarahtonin on January 15th, 2004, 9:32 am

Thanks Jen - could you feel the thumb twitch or just see it? It's the not feeling it which is bothering me - you know, the old "most people with MND don't notice their twitches" thing! Aaargh!!!
sarahtonin

Postby Jeff B on January 15th, 2004, 11:38 am

Hi Sarah,

I had some twitches on my forearm a few days ago that I could see but not really feel. They went away. I looked through some old archived posts and found a number of people with the same general description in different parts of their body - my guess is we all have some we can't feel but we don't happen to look at that part of our body at the "right" time. There are so many variations of this syndrome and types of twitches, I think this is just one more, and nothing at all to worry about.

Jeff
Jeff B
Interested
Interested

Postby Jenn311 on January 15th, 2004, 6:16 pm

Hey Sarah...

I could feel the ones in my thumb, as they moved the whole digit....but I have had them where I could see them but not feel them.

Du calme...

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby SusanSid on January 15th, 2004, 8:37 pm

I have twitches A LOT that I can see and not feel in my calves and arches. It's very common with BFS...been this way for over 2 years. Try and not freak out (yes, we all do it), it only makes them worse.
Hang in there.
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby sarahtonin on January 16th, 2004, 4:39 am

Thanks guys

It's still bugging me - every time I look at my thigh (every few seconds!) it is still there twitching away faintly - got so annoyed with it this morning I was hitting my leg and telling the twitch to *@~$ off :oops:

Anyway I'm going skiing tomorrow - if I can ski I'm not weak right? I think that will be a good test.

If that leg is still going when I come back I'm going to phone my neuro and take it in to see him!! So it had better have stopped by then or he's gonna stick it with a needle (have resorted to threatening my twitching leg now :) )

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Jenn311 on January 16th, 2004, 8:49 am

Ohhhhhhh...

I am so jealous...wish I could go skiing.... :cry: .

Hitting your leg will cause it to twitch more. That's what neuros do to illicit a twitch in a muscle. Maybe try massaging it. That helps me!

Have a great time on the slopes!

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby oldemast on January 19th, 2004, 11:40 pm

Hi Sarah, My Thanksgiving Day was full of preoccupation of new muscles moving on their own. I woke up in the morning and looked at my leg to show my wife fasics that I could feel, only to see new ones that I couldn't feel. I felt horrible and had a hard time getting balanced again. After seeing many posts on this site, I realized it is BFS all over again. Please bring to mind what has been said so many times and what we all need to hear - you aren't feeling weakness or other awful symptoms an you are OK! I hope to get more information on BFS very soon to help us all. I will be evaluated at Mayo next week to help with research on this disease. I will share what I find out. Good luck and know you are healthy. We are just stuck with muscles with a mind of their own! Dave (Oldemast)
Dave
oldemast

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group