Merry ChrisTWITCH!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Merry ChrisTWITCH!

Postby kim on December 18th, 2003, 5:39 pm

Hi All!

I see there are a few new posters since I left the forum a few months ago. I just wanted to touch base and say Hi and Happy Holidays to all of you. I hope that many of you are finding peace, and are coping better with the twitching.

I am still at an all time low in the twitch department. In fact I have even gone days without even thinking about it anymore. It used to consume my every thought. Your support and kind words helped me through this crap, and I am thankful for getting to know each of you!

It's been well over a year since this began for me, but I am putting it behind. The only present I could give you guys is one of advice. Please stay off the internet, and STOP self diagnosing. I know it's easier said than done, but the stress you put yourself under by doing this is a huge contributor to those nasty twitches. I am CERTAIN of this! Once I acknowledged my condition as BENIGN, and let it go, the twitches almost stopped completely within a few months. I have also stayed off of the internet a lot more, and NEVER go to any "BAD" sites. My life is back!

Make a New Years resolution to do all you can to ignore the twitching, know they won't kill you, accept them as benign, and live your life to the fullest without worry!

Sincere wishes for a Happy and Twitch free New Year!

Your friend Kim

xoxoxoxoxox
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby sarahtonin on December 19th, 2003, 4:18 am

Very sound advice Kim :)

I am determined to write off these last 6 months of worrying in 2003 as a bad job and make 2004 a good year. My twitches have pretty much gone as well and I'm having physio on the stupid foot so you never know, might be back to normal one day!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Sarahx
sarahtonin

Postby Dale on December 22nd, 2003, 11:22 am

Hi Kim,

Glad to hear that things are continuing to go well. I agree with you completely. Once I received the news that the condition was benign, I stopped worrying about it. My twitches also diminished greatly. I still get them occasionally & honestly, I kinda like it - weird, eh! I was at the gym a few weeks back when my butt muscle started twitching like crazy. It really did give me a laugh - especially knowing that it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

I also agree about the use of the Internet & self-diagnosing. I realize how hard it is not to do. It took me a while to get it through my thick head!

My Christmas wish for newbie’s and some regulars of this site is: if the twitches/pains are causing you worry/anxiety, go see your Doctor. If you are fortunate enough to receive a "benign" diagnosis, try your very best to accept it & get on with life. "Looking" for more symptoms, other diseases or even causes for the twitches/pains is, to put it bluntly a real waste of your life. Please do not perceive my observation as an insult. From my corner, many people on this site seem to be well-educated and intelligent individuals. You can be putting your talents and energy into something much, much more constructive.

All the best to everyone and your families over the holidays.

Sincerely,

Dale

p.s I'd also like to add that I am very happy that "KERRI" has not posted here lately. I am assuming that she's recieved some professional help for her behaviour. Perhaps sometime in the future she will re-visit the site & let us know how she overcame her problem. :)
Dale
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group