For Laurent (to adress more threads :)

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Blizna on December 10th, 2008, 1:53 pm

Sorry for starting new thread, I wanted to reply to more of your threads.

1)Yes my foot is still twitching / buzzing, I feel it especially in the shoe when it touches to the leather. Remember, I was told here it is most typical and a lof people twitch here and dont know about it. This small muscle supports your balance. I found out this foot is often colder..and muscles can twitch whe there is lack of oxygen...So mine is better with good blood-circulation.

2) Yes I have it only on my left foot. However, if I stretch my right foot as hard as I can and release, I can see a few twitches here too..but only after that.

3)Shoulder twitches are the "agest" in my case. I started to have them 1,5 year ago and still have them. Today I saw at least 10cm strip of muscle twitch like crazy on my left deltoid. Fortunately, last week I request to put the EMG needle exactly there...nothing, silent=clean. The same with foot.

4)You wrote about proximal muscles with begining of ALS - then you would not have twitching in your foot, if it was ALS and if it started in shoulder (which is rarer version and presents with shoulder/arm weakness). I twitch on my back, abdomen etc. - and AFAIK the same almost everybody here.

I should repeat that you (so I will do) can let test your thyroid for any abnormalities - the doc told me no matter if it is hypo or hyper since both influent your metabolism.
Blizna
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group