Big mistake

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Big mistake

Postby sarahtonin on November 18th, 2003, 9:08 am

Why oh why did I look at an ALS forum :?: Stupid, that's why.

AM now completely freeking out about someone who got ALS at 25 and it all started with a stiff ankle. I have all these problems with my right foot - aching, twitching, tingling and I discovered last night that the foot is much "softer" than the other foot when I poke it. The chiro says I pronate on that foot - would weakness cause pronation? And would pronation make it "soft"?

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby Pole on November 18th, 2003, 9:35 am

Don't worry Sarah

ALS at 25 is a VERY rare case. If every problem with ankle would be a first sign of ALS more than half of Earth populationn would heve this disease.

Visiting ALS is not a good idea, but I do it everyday. In my opinion there is (on braintalk) no PALS who would have only problems like BFSers have. They have many real ALS symptoms - real weakness, trouble with walking, eating, speaking. Most of them had abnormal results of neuro exams (docs knew that something is wrong) and EMG from first visit.
And the most important - there is obvious, quite fast, progression in ALL ALS cases.
Differences between ALS and BFS are real BIG.
regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby SusanSid on November 19th, 2003, 2:08 am

I have made that mistake...going onto ALS websites. It does make me realize that again, that ALS is a very fast and progressive disease. You would know something was seriously wrong very quickly.
Don't let the doubt and fear into your mind..it is very unhealthy and takes away from living life. Just because someone has a stomach ache doesn't mean that they have stomach cancer. Don't do this to yourself. Stay away from those sights, keep visiting this website and work on being more positive.
Take care,
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Hoorah!

Postby sarahtonin on November 19th, 2003, 6:05 am

Thanks guys

I just spoke to my neuro's secretary re my NCS and EMG I had done last week - I hadn't heard anything. Apparently it was all "normal" ()neuro doesn't even want to see me again - ever, probably :lol: ) and they did the EMG in my dodgy foot so I guess I just need to try and forget about it and most of all NOT LOOK ON ALS WEBSITES :D

Sarah
sarahtonin

Postby thetwitchkid on December 9th, 2003, 4:44 pm

Sarah

That's great news!!
thetwitchkid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group