clean exam

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

clean exam

Postby twitching man on November 8th, 2003, 12:34 pm

I went to UCLA neurology department yesterday for an appointment I made about 3 months ago for a another opinion. My regular neuro set up for me so i would be more compfortable with his diagnoses. What an experience that was. on the way up to my appointment I was really stressed about something they might find and wouldn't know it I had my first ever twitch on my tongue on the front left hand side it was a real thumper so know I all i am really freaking out. All I could think about was all of the things I have read about before, you the things that said If you have twitching tongue you have als. So of course first thing I asked the Neuro was about tongue twitchs and he said the tongue is a big muscle and tongue twitches are normal for bfs he said people with als usually don't feel the twitches they get because they are so small. Anyways i went through the physical exam doing the same test we have all done over and over and after almost breaking the neuros fingers during the finger squeze test he let out a squel and said i think you have the stongest grip of anyone he has seen with BFS, I think its because of all of my own nuckle poping testing on myself. I think I am giving myself athiritis. I guess I will finally have to trust and believe what these trained professionals keep telling me, desite all of these strange bothersome and sometimes painful symptoms. He said that he is almost 100% sure I have a benign condition and that I just have to learn to live with it and hope the symptoms get better over time. So I guess from know on I will be nothing more than a big complainer at least I have all you to complain to If you guys don't mind.
twitching man

Postby SusanSid on November 9th, 2003, 2:59 am

What a relief for you! I am not online that often (due to school), so would you mind sharing your symptoms etc? I I bet you were glad to get your diagnosis of BFS confirmed. Congrats!
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Symptoms

Postby twitching man on November 10th, 2003, 10:45 am

Hi Sue- My symptoms include twitching of course, numbness, joint stiffness, of and on elevated cpk, cramps, muscle pain, buzzing feelings in muscles, swollen fingers in the a.m..
twitching man

Symptoms

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group