Throat Issue: Can anyone possibly shed light on this?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Zak2000 on October 26th, 2008, 8:53 am

So I was feeling twitches before my throat starting bothering me. Also, I have no weakness or strength issues, and this has been going on for a month. So, common sense should tell me the throat issues and twitches are not related. I hope. But anyway, it started with a feeling like i had more mucus than usual, so I was hawking it up occasionally. Then one day I felt really acidy in my stomach and chest, not to mention gassy. And I still had the mucus. The acidy feeling would come and go, but I would feel it after working out at gym and sometimes after eating. Lately, it feels like solid food isnt going all the way down and a little bit of it is getting stuck around adam's apple area. Also, while i still have a little mucus, i keep feeling sometime in throat, and when I try to yak it up, not really any mucus comes up. This past week, I started taking prilosec, so I am a week into that. In this same week, early in the week, after dinner, i felt like food was in my throat, and I felt all tight in my chest and stomach. I was real gassy as well. I think the prilosec is kicking in, because I dont feel acid anymore, but I still feel mucus and still trying to expel it.

Now, last night, I took some muxinex, and when i woke, my throat felt better when i swallowed in terms of mucus. Then I ate something, and while it still felt a little weird going down, it was swallowed. About an hour later, I felt the thing in my throat feeling again. Also, I am still clearing my throat, but no mucus. Now my throat feels too dry.

So, in sum: no speech issues, no choking, liquids go down, solids sometimes feel like they get stuck, feeling in throat varies in intensity (for lack of better term), throat now feels dry and irritated, sometimes it feels like it clicks, and feeling to want to spit up mucus, which is sometimes there or not there, still clearing throat.

any thoughts guys? trying not to worry about the worst.

thanks so much
Zak2000

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group