Two Neurology Exams Today

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Two Neurology Exams Today

Postby suchamess on June 12th, 2008, 5:23 pm

Okay...this is obviously indicative of a problem...not with my nervous system, but with my behavior.

So, I saw two different neurologists today in two different practices. It's a long story how it happened (one appointment was a follow up to a sleep study recommended by a neurologist who I self-referred myself to and the other was an appointment I made several weeks ago when my PCP suggested I see a neurologist to reassure me - of course, he didn't know I'd already seen another neurologist at this point). Okay...so there was a need for one of the doctors to reschedule and so, coincidentally, the appointments ended up being across town back to back. Two points to this story...

1) I'm obviously letting unnecessary fear dictate irrational behavior. This is nuts. Who knows how my insurance company will respond! This is not normal behavior, especially in light of the fact...

2) Both exams were completely 100% normal...the doctors both asked if they could see a twitch and, of course, I wasn't twitching at the time. Neither would do an EMG because they said I was absolutely neurologically sound and the twitching would go away or NOT. One doctor said "Yeah, some ALS patients experience Fasciculations, but more importantly there is extreme weakness and abnormal neurological symptoms. "

So, two more opinions...and another sign that this thing is driving me totally crazy (although other than these appointments, I've been much more calm lately).
suchamess

Re: Two Neurology Exams Today

Postby sharon slack on June 13th, 2008, 2:02 am

hi,

well it's a good first step that you realise your nuts :wink: , just jokin. your not alone i hopped and skipped to many neuro's gp's, haematologist, ummm even had bone marrow biopsy,[ very friggin painful.] you sometimes have to go through it to come out the other side. you have the all clear, thats the answer we seek. push on try to block any negative thoughts, stay off als boards and be gentle on a self, this is an awkward syndrome, but you can live wih it
once you accept it.

sharon. :)
sharon slack
Saint
Saint

Re: Two Neurology Exams Today

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group