Recovering , Doing well.

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Recovering , Doing well.

Postby TattooedMommy on April 30th, 2008, 6:14 pm

Hi All. Thought I would check in today. I've said it before but I feel like its good when people who are recovering and accepting bfs come to the site and post. I went to my neuro I do believe two weeks ago Monday. I was officially given my BFS card. Since then, I have con't to take my magnesium, Repliva (for my iron, it was low) and Citracal plus D along with Klonapin as needed.
It is sort of mystifying how after I saw my neuro my twitching subsided to almost nothing now. Thank God I have insurance or i'd be mad I lost that pretty penny to hear something I've already been told and knew. I am not sure what causes the twitching but I cannot STRESS how much ANXIETY can play a key role in it. My nerves have been soooo much better and I can fall asleep sooooo much easier.
A lot of it is NOT focusing ON the symptoms and not reading to much into it. Easier said than done. (but....if I can find one person that will LISTEN to that...and save them from the drama and the caos of the nightmares and body searching then its worth it).
All of these neuro's seem to be saying the same thing. I know for me, I just wanted to hear it for myself out of the horse's mouth directly that twitching, no weakness, no atrophy along with normal reflex's and a CLEAN EMG (if one has one) is not what we all fear. A lot of neuro's dont even suggest a EMG b/c of everything else being "normal".
Anyhow- I just wanted to check in. There is REMISSIONS ....I am doing soooo much better. Im not sure what is causing my twitching to cease...but I am not going to ponder. I had it last Oct07-Feb08 with a HUGE SUMMER REMISSION....so dont get discouraged. It comes and goes...and when it DOES come back or go...just remember.."THE CLOCK DOESNT START TICKING AGAIN"....(its the same thing as before, BENIGN) unless major weakness...etc.

Blessings, DeeDee :mrgreen:
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Recovering , Doing well.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group