Question about eye twitch/vibrating feeling?

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Question about eye twitch/vibrating feeling?

Postby cdc on February 28th, 2008, 5:46 pm

I am still relatively new to this site and I've already posted my story. I have had "this" (whatever it is) for about six months. Some of my symptoms have come and gone and some have stayed. However, within the first 6 weeks of "this" I experienced what I thought was a vibrating sensation above and around my left eye. It also felt like a rapid buzzing feeling. This happened between 10 and 20 times a day and lasted less than 10 seconds. It disappeared within 2 days and I just thought it was part of this weird virus the neuro told me I had. It went way so quickly that I didn't give it much thought.

Well, 5 months later it came back. Today, I felt that same feeling in the very same place as I did 5 months ago. Obviously, now I am much more aware of my current health condition so I tried to pay extra close attention. It still feels like the skin or underneath the skin above and around my left eye is vibrating. The eyeball and eyelid are not affected. This is also the same eye where I've experienced an increase in floaters.

My question is.......Is this a twitch? If so, is it the scary kind? Can someone elaborate on what eye twitches mean?

Feel free to share your thoughts and stories.

Still frustrated,
CDC
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Question about eye twitch/vibrating feeling?

Postby Nancy on February 28th, 2008, 7:20 pm

CDC: Yes, this is something many here have experienced. I get the buzzing occasionally in the arch of my right foot. It feels as though it is a very fast twitching (more fibrillation than twitch?)but it is not an event that I can see with my very own eyes like the usual twitches in my legs, arms, abdomen. It is not a sinister symptom it is just one of the myriad things people with BFS/BCFS can potentially experience. You can relax and chalk it up as benign.
Nancy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby zekebcfs on February 28th, 2008, 9:43 pm

cdc you have described a very common sxs for BFS/BCFSers as Nacy has already described. My wife does not have BFS or BCFS. She has eye twitching and thumb twitching so do many people I know. I have a friend at my gym who twitches all the time and he could care less. Never bothered to look into it. I guess it just does not bother him as it does me. Well the twitching does not bother me its the cramp like sensations that get me. The more I look around the more I am finding this is not that uncommon of a problem. I guess some of us are weaker in a sense to this illness.

Take care!
Zeke
Zekebcfs
"Keep them busy busy busy, back on the farm with the other animals." We are kept so busy with business (or busyness) that we do not understand or participate in the decisions and events that will crucially affect our future.
zekebcfs
Saint
Saint

Postby paulreason on February 29th, 2008, 8:27 am

Dont call them fibs.
paulreason
Hero
Hero

Postby cdc on February 29th, 2008, 12:01 pm

So they are not fibs??? Was that just a misuse of the word? Kinda have me concerned here.
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nancy on February 29th, 2008, 12:21 pm

They are not anything until they are diagnosed by a physician. I was simply distinguishing the difference between what feel like slow twitches and fast twitches that may account for the sensation of buzzing. It could be a parathesia for all I know. I can't see it happening with my own eye like I can the non-buzzing, slower twitches. I did not realize "fibrillation" was a trigger here for some...sorry. My bad. :oops:

And by the way, a "Fib" in Wisconsin is an acronym for people from Illinois...so I had to laugh at the admonition until I saw that PR is not from the states...
Nancy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby paulreason on February 29th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Your eye twitch sounds very benign to me.Ive had them for many many years.In fact my neuro said face twitching is nothing to worry about.
paulreason
Hero
Hero

Postby cdc on February 29th, 2008, 8:46 pm

There is no question it is a twitch. I studied it in the mirror and I could actually see the skin twitching/fluttering right around my eyebrow.

Of course, today it has disappeard......so far.

So I've concluded that this internal vibrating/buzzing/internal quivering feeling is actually rapid twitching. I have this in both of my lower legs (which is constant) and in both arms. Mostly my right. These make up 95% of my twitching

Is this cause for concern?

Which twitch is more common amongst the members of this forum? The one described above or the muscle twitch that you can clearly see and feel on the surface of your skin. I do get these but they are seldom.

CDC
cdc
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Nancy on March 1st, 2008, 4:41 pm

CDC: I get both but the more frequent twitch for me is the slower kind. BOTH ARE BENIGN. Put your mind at ease.
Nancy
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group