EPIDEMIC-Nuerologist! USEFUL INFO!

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby TattooedMommy on February 27th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Hey all. This morning I got a phone call from my mom. She said "Dee, I know what you have, turn it on to whatever channel it was now and listen to this Neurologist Dr.Snyder! I about broke my neck to get it on tv. When I turned it on. She was talking about a NEW EPIDEMIC that is FLOODING THE DOCTORS offices ESPECIALLY NEUROLOGISTS call "Cyberchondria". She said that neurologist offices and dr's offices are getting flooded with people that "think" they have a deadly disease because they googled or Web Md'd a symptom and the internet put it out there. She said she has TONS of patients that come in and have a stack of papers, saying "this is what I have", "I know I have it", I want this and this and this testing done immediately...She even went to say some of her patients had even began to plan their FUNERAL! (hmm sounds familiar). She said, she couldn't began to explain how the internet is POISON to people. If you google any symptoms or common complaints that one might have your going to get a list of possibilities thrown at you and 90% of them aren't even rational. Yet it has people going into a MASS CAOS. She said lamens people are trying to decipher and interpret Medical material on the internet and dx their self and even TREAT their self. Everything she said has fell into place with what I have been doing. EVERYTHING! This is a well known Neurologist that was speaking. She never mentioned "twitching"...but she said "most of my patients have headaches and come to me insisting its a brain tumor"... When it is NOT. She said and there are more diseases I have patients convincing their self they have that are the rarest diseases out there . (I couldn't help but think what she was talking about), I wish I could ask!!!!! :wink: You know its sad. It HAS become a EPIDEMIC. Look @ this website. Sure we have TRUE problems going on that are out of the norm or we think is out of the norm, but its NOT! Look @ the numerous people in the past and present that have seen numerous docs and neuros and countless emg's and cant except the fact they are ok. BECAUSE, we keep searching the internet. She said its TOXIC. If she could BEG EVERYONE to NOT Dx yourself over the internet and symptom search. PLEASE! She said its literally flooding doctors, esp neurolgist. She said when do you need to see a neurologist " when you cant walk, when you cant lift your head, when your head hurts so bad you cannot see, or youve had a stroke".....first you should go see your General Doctor....if he see's a referall in place he will send you!
WOW this has really opened my eyes..Now we just got to live by it. She kept saying "people have GOT to get ahold of anxiety and STAY OFF THE NET! :mrgreen:
"I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed".
TattooedMommy
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group