New symptom

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New symptom

Postby Katie on September 16th, 2003, 4:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Twitching on & off for 9 months now. Started settling primarily in my left foot. Last week it's back in my left eye. In addition, I've got this weird thing going on in my right hand, in between thumb & forefinger. When I hold my hand still, it kind of tremors there .... a quick but intense bzzzzzzzz that makes my thumb move. Lasts about a second or two. It's very eerie and unsettling. I also have unbelievable fatigue at times -- and total brain fog today. Drove into Manhattan, went over the George Washington Bridge, took a wrong turn and ended back up on the bridge heading in the opposite direction, back to NJ. Turned back around and made it to my destination but then on the way home, missed the bridge this time and headed toward the Bronx. Of course, here is how my mind goes: Thinking that somehow the twitching and weird hand thing is related to my brain fog -- now wondering if something isn't mentally wrong with me like Alzheimer's. I'm 44 and in otherwise good health. The fatigue is really getting to me. I did have bloodwork done a # of months ago which showed that I have Epstein Barr in my system [meaning I had it once before but the virus stays in your body much like the herpes virus does]. I wonder if it's not active right now.

So I'm now worried about this mental stuff, forgetfulness. I remember bak to the time when I had none of this, not too long ago. Wish there were some answers.
Katie
Katie

Postby John on September 16th, 2003, 5:34 pm

As far as the Twitching between the thumb and fore finger it's like you are desribing exactly what mine would do. The fatigue is normal I'm 39 and know what your going through . If you are under a lot of stress even without realising it ,you can be in a brain fog . My short term memory is absolutely horrible . You sound fine to me ,face it were getting older . :)

John
John

Postby Donnie on September 16th, 2003, 6:48 pm

Twitching between the thumb and index finger in the muscle part goes wild on me at times especially working the mouse my right hand feels a little uncordinated at times lasted a couple weeks. Seems to be better now. Hope that helps.
Donnie
Donnie

Postby Pole on September 17th, 2003, 2:15 am

Your mental problems are due to anxiety and stress related to twitching. Even if you think that you don't think about twitching all the time it's always with you and can make your mental problem.
I have the same problems and I'm sure that I don't have Alzhaimer cause I'm only 28.

regards
Marcin
Pole
Hero
Hero

Postby Jenn311 on September 17th, 2003, 6:33 am

I think Pole's right. The stress from the twitching is causing you to loose your concentration. Very doubtful you would have Alzheimers at 44...

Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Katie on September 17th, 2003, 9:49 am

Thank you everyone.

Before I read all the posts last night, I could swear I had Alzheimer's, ALS, and Parkinson's. This is nuts!

I feel much better now. Thank God for this group.
Katie
Katie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group