Questions about the Carolmarie thing

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Questions about the Carolmarie thing

Postby michelle2 on September 5th, 2003, 10:50 am

Not to beat a dead horse, but I have a few more questions/comments for Carol.

1. Did a physician ever diagnose you with ALS?? or even say you might have ALS?

Several people have commented on how scarey that must have been - but I'm unclear that any physician ever told you you had ALS.

2. Do you have objective neurologic findings that eliminate the BFS diagnosis?

If so maybe this is not the right site for you. I know from my experience with BFS and reading many other's postings, that we with BFS really suffer with this syndrome. We all question whether our symptoms are truly benign or something more sinister. Having someone with MND on here will just continue to cause unnecessary stress for other members. It took you 2 and 1/2 months to come back and say you really haven't been diagnosed with ALS. That's a long time.

3. Have you thought about getting a second opinion from another psychiatrist?

I saw your answer to my last post suggesting this. I must comment that your husband's psychiatrist is his doctor not yours. Even though he has gotten to know you, most psychiatrists won't treat 2 members of the same family. Still, if your husbands psychiatrist read your postings even he would likely think you needed help.

Furthermore, you say your husbands psychiatrist said "it looks like you have a lawsuit on your hands". On the surface that would lead us to believe you really have something wrong and have had the great misfortune of seeing 4 incompetent neurologists. Not to imply you would lie but, it would be completely unethical for your husband's doctor to tell you you should sue another physician. Your husband's psychiatrist is not a neurologist. He did not do a full neurologic exam on you nor preform an EEG. If he did feel you had real physical abnormalities he would have been on the phone getting you in with another neurologist not telling you to sue the other docs.

I know this comes across harsh Carol, but I see you as a person who's needs have been overlooked in the middle of your husband's crisis. I think you come here seeking attention and you've been very successful. However, this attention comes with a great cost to others.
michelle2

Sorry

Postby KERRI on September 5th, 2003, 11:44 am

I am sorry Carol, but I totally agree with Michelle, you have caused much anxiety.

I do not believe a thing you say, not a thing, and guess what wearing of the teeth is not caused by ALS, it is caused by improper aligment of your teeth, if you had dental workk performed and not everything lines up properly than after a while you will wear away the teeth.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Sorry

Postby KERRI on September 5th, 2003, 11:44 am

I am sorry Carol, but I totally agree with Michelle, you have caused much anxiety.

I do not believe a thing you say, not a thing, and guess what wearing of the teeth is not caused by ALS, it is caused by improper aligment of your teeth, if you had dental workk performed and not everything lines up properly than after a while you will wear away the teeth.

Kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby Nole on September 5th, 2003, 5:43 pm

The more of Carol's posts I read the more sceptical I am of her also. I always try and be supportive and helpful but it doesnt seem to me that she wants our help, because no matter what we tell her, and what all those doctors have told her, SHR DOES NOT HAVE ALS. Yet she diagnosis' herself as dying with ALS, posts it on our site (which has many hypochondriacs- me included), stirs up alot of contraversy, then goes on Braintalk and posts that she doesnt have ALS, then comes back almost 3 months later, apologizes ,and says she doesnt have a diagnosis but knows she has ALS.
I think we my be dealing with someone who is sick, but not with ALS (more mental than physical???) And unfortunetly, we need to take everything she says and does with a lot of caution.
I hate even writing this post because I try to support others, but this just bothers me how it is affecting this BFS SUPPORT GROUP. I for one, feel wonderful, am living life, twitch very little and when I do I accept it and move on...I visit the site alot less than I use to, but I always like to see how my BFS friends are doing and give my support and best wishes. I was shocked when I saw Carols ALS post, I dint let it affect me, but it really bothered me how the whole site panicked because this woman basically lied to us all about her diagnosis.
Im not sure will ever believe her either!!

Best wishes to you all, be happy & twitch on!!! :lol:
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group