((((Aaron))))

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

((((Aaron))))

Postby kim on September 3rd, 2003, 8:58 am

Hi Aaron!

In case you didn't know, you are the one who got me through this.
In case you didn't know, I appreciate all your hard work and input.
In case you didn't know, I haven't twitched in almost a week.
In case you didn't know, you are special to me!

Kim
kim
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby fastpage on September 3rd, 2003, 12:22 pm

Ditto to what Kim said, Arron (except the not twitching in a week part).
Last edited by fastpage on September 4th, 2003, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
fastpage

Postby Arron on September 3rd, 2003, 5:31 pm

Thanks you two :oops: I am here for anyone who wants to listen. I've been in all of your shoes before and I know just how bad it sucks to be so scared that you stop eating, sleeping and functioning as a human being. I am glad I am a help to some of you. Thanks again! You are all special to me too. A someone once said... I tend to my flock :-) although I think they wwere being sarcastic in one of the e-mails they were slamming me in... oh well... with nice people like you, who cares? You be well, OK? And remember.... It's OK to twitch. It doesn't mean anything bad. Just learn to laugh at the little critters, That's what I do.
Arron

Postby lori g on September 4th, 2003, 9:19 am

I am new to this forum, but i want you to know that i have had great relief by reading your earlier posts throughout the last year. You are very kind and helpful. Thank you for helping even if it was indirectly. Keep up the good work Arron. :wink:
lori g

Postby Arron on September 4th, 2003, 11:03 am

Thanks Lori :wink:
Arron

Postby fastpage on September 5th, 2003, 2:25 pm

Just to add a note-the first night or two after I noticed these symptoms, I was a wreck. The reassurances I got from several members, and especially Arron, calmed me down completely. The reason I was helped so much by Arron is that I had first read all the old posts and I knew that he knew what he was talking about.

It is fine for others to try and help, but as with any information, good or bad, it is only as useful as the source is credible. If everyone would consider the source before reacting too vigorously to any post, (including mine) there should be few problems such as cropped up here earlier-even with mendacious posters.

No one can hurt you with any post if you don't let them. Be skeptical of all posters until you have reason to do otherwise. Many posts have appeared on this board which I give no credence whatsoever because I know nothing about the real person behind the message or their qualifications to advise others. Others, like Arron's, I know are offered with good intentions and with the knowledge to accept their integrity. That doesn't mean I expect him to know everything but I know he not BS'ing, trying to scare people or indulging his own sense of self-importance.

I am still interested in finding out what the causes are for this syndrome. In my case, it was definitely not brought about by anxiety, although I certainly suffered a bout of that after I noticed the fasiculations. There is some physical cause for BFS and I welcome Arron's or anyone else's speculation in this area. I am going to continue looking for the source and hope Arron will continue and keep us advised as well. THANKS AGAIN ARRON for all you do. --Graig
fastpage

Postby Arron on September 5th, 2003, 2:32 pm

Thanks a million for the nice words fastpage, and everyone else too. I really appreciate it. I KNOW what you folks are going through. been there, done that. And if I can help calm someone down and understand that the information out there about ALS and twitching just isn't accurate, then I'm happy. I only wish I had found a site like this when I first started out with my symptoms, because I was WAY over the edge and completely lost all human functions.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group