After 11 years

BFS Online Support Group

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

After 11 years

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 14th, 2018, 4:03 am

Hi everyone,

first of all, I am sorry to see that this amazing board has died. It saved sanity of mine and many others, despite the arguments we had with some members. Maybe I get some replies but not really counting on that.

I was doing doing quite well until June this year (fasciculations still there on daily basis, but nothing much constant). I noticed some intentional tremor in my left wrist and began looking for other signs. Strength tests, flashlight hunt for fine fasciculations...

2 weeks ago I exercised my wrists, quite strenuously, and since then my thumb starts to twitch nearly everytime I use with a bit more force:

https://youtu.be/Dsn3vhyaM10

It has never happened to me until now, and I must admit I am very nervous, still going on after more than 2 weeks. Anyone experienced something like that?
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: After 11 years

Postby garym on October 16th, 2018, 9:18 pm

strenuous use of any of my muscles increases my twitches and cramps. common with bfs, though i know you know that.

take care,
Gary
garym

Postby TwitchyDoc on October 17th, 2018, 12:58 am

Thanks Gary, good to hear from you!

Yes, while most of my twitches can be recruited/increased with actitivity, this is something new for me. At least it not twitching at rest on its own, only after I provoke it. Will be 3 weeks tomorrow :/
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby wjjw on October 26th, 2018, 6:35 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:Yes, while most of my twitches can be recruited/increased with actitivity, this is something new for me. At least it not twitching at rest on its own, only after I provoke it. Will be 3 weeks tomorrow :/

After years of twitching it was also something new for me that I was getting ab twitching and cramping, and if I bent the wrong way a full-blown cramp. Lasted like 3 years, no kidding...... gone now. A new twitch, a different way of provoking it, etc... its all the same.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on November 27th, 2018, 8:55 am

TD you clearly have been doing well over the past several years which is great. Don't let yourself go spiraling down that pit again with testing/obsessing over a new symptom. It's all the same shtuff.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to The Support Group