Should Carolmarie's post be removed?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Should Carolmarie's post be removed?

Postby Twyla on August 2nd, 2003, 10:12 am

I hesitated before posting about Carolmarie, and the fact that it looked like her story was a fabrication. I really hated to accuse someone of lying, but at the same time she made me very angry by causing so much anxiety here, and on Braintalk.

Now I'm think about new people who come to this site. Will they go first to "Experiences with BFS" and read Carolmarie's story early on? Maybe the'll eventually find the later posts here and be reassured but in the meantime are they going to suffer the way many of us here did?

So I'm proposing that Carolmarie's post where she falsely said she'd been diagnosed with ALS, be removed.

This would be up to Arron, of course, who seems to be on vacation or something....but I'm sure when he returns he would agree to do this if there was support for it.

Who agrees with this....or disagrees?

Twyla
Twyla

Postby tlotoxl on August 2nd, 2003, 2:50 pm

i don't think it should be removed. imo there will always be people like carol, so it would be most productive if the carol post could simply be prefaced with a note from the moderator explaining the situation, so that new visitors to the forum could see what they're up against, while at the same time realizing that it is largely a psychological battle.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Twyla on August 2nd, 2003, 3:41 pm

tlotoxl wrote:i don't think it should be removed. imo there will always be people like carol, so it would be most productive if the carol post could simply be prefaced with a note from the moderator explaining the situation, so that new visitors to the forum could see what they're up against, while at the same time realizing that it is largely a psychological battle.

Yes, that is a very good idea. It didn't occur to me, but now that you suggest it I agree that it might be of benefit to others suffering BFS symptoms......to know that the worry and anxiety can have a serious effect on one's mental state. And it would make newcomers aware that not everything they read here (and on the Internet in general) should be taken as the whole truth.

Whatever, I hope Arron will act on it.

Twyla
Twyla

Postby Jenn311 on August 2nd, 2003, 10:38 pm

Great idea Alexis. I certainly hope Carole can find peace....I know she is having a hard time with all that is going on right now.
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics