Page 1 of 1

What type of healthcare provider do you go to?

PostPosted: September 26th, 2002, 12:49 pm
by SusanSid
A question for BFSers:
What type of doctor or medical professional (or non medical) have you found to be the best sourse of information/support. For example, general practioner, nuerologist, internist etc., or other areas of healthcare. In other words, someone who knows what this is all about...if that's possible.
I would love to hear your input, experiences.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2002, 8:26 pm
by Arron
a neuro...

PostPosted: October 4th, 2002, 3:44 pm
by Jake_the_twitch
I actually find my GP a better source. Most neuros tend to classify it as benign and then leave you hanging. I am able to follow up with my GP on a more regular basis and he trys to help from all angles whether to treat the symptoms and or the anxiety that comes with it.

PostPosted: October 4th, 2002, 7:14 pm
by SoJerseyMom
My neurologist was very helpful, mainly in ruling out ALS, MS, etc. but didn't come up with a diagnosis. It was my general practitioner who steered me toward the BFS diagnosis because he was diagnosed with it a number of years ago and he said my symptoms sounded similar to his. I have a follow-up with the neurologist next week and will see what he thinks of my GP's diagnosis.