What type of healthcare provider do you go to?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

What type of healthcare provider do you go to?

Postby SusanSid on September 26th, 2002, 12:49 pm

A question for BFSers:
What type of doctor or medical professional (or non medical) have you found to be the best sourse of information/support. For example, general practioner, nuerologist, internist etc., or other areas of healthcare. In other words, someone who knows what this is all about...if that's possible.
I would love to hear your input, experiences.
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time
Posts: 172
Joined: August 15th, 2002, 6:01 pm
Location: California Central Coast

Postby Arron on September 26th, 2002, 8:26 pm

a neuro...
Posts: 753
Joined: August 19th, 2002, 10:25 pm
Location: Sonoma, CA.

Postby Jake_the_twitch on October 4th, 2002, 3:44 pm

I actually find my GP a better source. Most neuros tend to classify it as benign and then leave you hanging. I am able to follow up with my GP on a more regular basis and he trys to help from all angles whether to treat the symptoms and or the anxiety that comes with it.
User avatar
Posts: 38
Joined: August 16th, 2002, 9:19 am
Location: Canada

Postby SoJerseyMom on October 4th, 2002, 7:14 pm

My neurologist was very helpful, mainly in ruling out ALS, MS, etc. but didn't come up with a diagnosis. It was my general practitioner who steered me toward the BFS diagnosis because he was diagnosed with it a number of years ago and he said my symptoms sounded similar to his. I have a follow-up with the neurologist next week and will see what he thinks of my GP's diagnosis.
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 54
Joined: August 22nd, 2002, 11:48 am



Return to General Topics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests