Hormones

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Hormones

Postby Craig on July 24th, 2003, 2:43 pm

This topic is sort of a follow up to an earlier topic that Arron started that questioned whether BFS is indeed a neurological issue or perhaps a non-neurological problem that causes neurological symptoms. I found this question especially intriguing, especially after taking into consideration the various onsets of people with BFS. I thought it was most interesting that the majority of different onsets can all be attributed to hormonal issues (at least when you search on the Internet…). Take for example:

1. Stress
2. Sleep deprivation
3. Use of birth control pills
4. Post-pregnancy
5. Use of legal/illegal drugs
6. Thyroid issues
7. Virus

I'm sure there are others, but these are the ones I am aware of. So, I was curious if anyone has had any hormone tests done. In particularly, has anyone had their testosterone, estrogen and/or progesterone tested? I had all of mine checked not too long ago and everything was in the "normal" range; however, my estrogen and progesterone levels were boarder line high and my testosterone was boarder line low. So, I came to the natural conclusion that maybe too much estrogen plays a part in all of this? I found a bunch of websites that had estrogen correlations with the majority of the above list, too. Any thoughts???

I know I'm kind of out on a limb on this one, but I figured it couldn't hurt to see what everyone else thinks.

Take care,

Craig
Craig
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Hormones

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics