Twitch Location

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitch Location

Postby chad23 on June 5th, 2003, 11:40 am

Does anyone else twitch a lot in their muscle just right above the knee? I seem to be going thru a rough time right now and I am once again obsessing over this. This twitch has been here for 4 days...same spot.

Now I am getting them all over. All on my right side though. Shoulders, bicep, under my armpit. Am I going crazy? My neuro said BFS but I don't know anymore. No weakness here, just concern big time.
chad23

Postby DanielDK on June 5th, 2003, 12:32 pm

Hi Chad!

Yes - I have bigtime twitching in exactly the same spot.

However, in my knees, the twitches usually occur in only one spot.
That is: If you sit in a chair, stretch your legs out, and look down on your knees:

On MY left leg, i´' ll be the muscle to the "upper right" of the knee, and in MY right leg, it' ll be the muscle to the "upper left" from the knee.

My father has BFS as well, and has it all the time right on that sweet spot!

Take care,

Daniel
DanielDK

Postby Rich Longer on June 5th, 2003, 12:41 pm

Yes strangely enough I have a hotspot here at present.

And I have had many other hot-spots as well which have lasted anything from days to months.

Rich
Rich
Rich Longer

Postby lee on June 5th, 2003, 2:01 pm

Hi Chad,

I too have had twitches in the same spot above my knee. It's not one of my hot spots. I tend to get twitches in my fingers, mainly my ring and pinky finger, more than anywhere else. But the ones in above my knees have caused me to actually jump a few times. It's almost like an electrical shock goes through the muscle that goes down to the knee and my leg just kind of jumps forward by a few inches.

Crazy, but just another one of those BFS things.

Take care and don't worry!

Lee :)
lee
Interested
Interested

Postby Jenn311 on June 5th, 2003, 2:33 pm

Hey Chad..

I get them there, but only on my right side and only when I wear my brace (I hurt my knee a couple of months ago) Weird, eh? But that same place has been a hot spot for me before. THough I can't remember which side :D ! I know you mentioned you were afraid because you had it in that one spot...and you thought having it in one spot is bad. But you have had them all over, and as long as it is not accompanied by weakness you needn't worry. You'll be fine!!!!

Think of it this way: If you have ever had a knot in one of your muscles (caused by tension or stress), it may take a while to go away, right? Well I think it is the same principle at work with BFS. Maybe you can try and massage the muscle, take anti-inflammatory meds like Ibuprofen or NSaids, and ice it down. See if that doesn't help it to go away faster. THose hot spots can be downright stubborn!

Peace,
Jen
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Arron on June 11th, 2003, 12:11 am

I had twitches in my thigh muscles, just above the knee for several weeks at a time, like clock work. BIG, slow, holding twitches that just wouldn;t go away, no matter what I did. They finally went away. Sometimes I get them back for a few minutes here and there and other times I have had them off and on for several days.

BFS twitches come in ALL shapes and sizes. They can be quick, one time blips, to slow moving, long holding twitches that resemble contractions, to little fine twitches that are so small and fast, they actually vibrate your skin, and trust me, ANYWHERE on your body can twitch, from your scalp, to your ears, to your toes, to your unmentionables, to even internal muscles such as stomach muscles, diaphragm, esogaphus muscles, tongue muscles and so on. So far, the only muscle that I haven't heard twitch is the heart.
Arron

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics