Graig..have you ever been w/o health insurance??

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby tlotoxl on May 21st, 2003, 1:57 am

fastpage - I don't want to jump in to the whole debate here, but just addressing one thing you said:

(about seeing a neurologist)
In Canada you would wait six months-if you could get to one at all.

I went home to Canada for Christmas. I was there for three weeks and, after making an appointment midway through the first week, I saw a neurologist and had an EMG done on the third. Of course, it being the holidays, it wasn't possible to get the EMG done sooner. I am now a resident of Japan, I don't have Canadian health care as a Japanese resident and my travel insurance wouldn't cover a pre-existing condition, so I paid for it out of pocket (well, correction: thanks mum & dad!).

The Canadian system is far from perfect, to be sure, and that it is falling apart in places is obvious. My brother had to wait a month or so for a gastroscopy one time, and when I had stomach troubles here in Japan I had the gastroscopy the next day (though I didn't get those nice Canadian sedatives ;) ).

Still, you gotta be careful with your hyperbole.
tlotoxl
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jenn311 on May 28th, 2003, 11:57 pm

If we don't look out for the working class, who is willing to step down and do their cruddy low-paying jobs, with little if no benefits? They are the ones who allow us to have a class of citizens who can make gobs of money, live in fancy houses and drive nice cars, and not to mention, who they also have access to healthcare that the working class can only dream about. Somewhat reminescent of La Revolution Francaise, n'est-ce pas?
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics