kinda update post

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

kinda update post

Postby Brian_B on March 12th, 2003, 11:29 pm

I havent posted a lot here lately but wanted to say since I been on neurontin and klonopin my twitches have been reducted dramatically. I still get them sometimes but not nearly as much and they dont last as long as they used to.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SusanSid on March 13th, 2003, 2:25 am

Brian,
Glad to hear that something is working. I'm on Konopin and I think that over all it helps, but I still get days where I'm twitching like crazy. I think we all react to medications differently and have to be opened minded as to what our options are and seek what works for us.
Glad that you're doing better !
Sue
SusanSid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

neurontin

Postby fastpage on March 24th, 2003, 3:06 pm

Brian-just curious. What dosage of Neurontin do you take? My wife takes it for a different neurological problem (RSD) and it seems to work well but she is on very high dose. Thinking of asking my Dr. About it also.
fastpage

Postby Brian_B on March 25th, 2003, 11:30 pm

I have 300mg to take at bedtime and then 100mg that I can take twice during the day if I need and want to take it. So far I think it really helps, I still twitch but not nearly as much.

I asked a friend who is a neurologist why it works and he said basically they dont know, they know it does work but they cant say for sure how it works.
Brian_B
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

neurontin

Postby fastpage on March 26th, 2003, 11:31 am

Thanks, Brian. My wife takes 600mg 3 times a day but she had to work up to that slowly. She had a kind of "out of touch" or somewhat disoriented feeling for some time but says that eventually goes away. I am thinking of trying it as well if my Dr. agrees. I am pretty much over the fear but would sure like to find something that calms these twitches a little. The other problem with Neurontin is cost-VERY expensive, but worth it I guess if it's effective. Good Luck.
fastpage

neurontin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics