Spent in the morning in the ER, worried.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Spent in the morning in the ER, worried.

Postby Arkansan on March 11th, 2016, 3:35 pm

This morning I was sitting on my couch and turned to my left to grab something. Instantly I started having this piercing pain just under my left pectoral near the bottom rib. It was an awful pain and hurt like crazy, my left wrist starting tingling as well. I thought it was my heart and rushed to the ER. Nothing related to my heart but they didn't really say what it was other than maybe a strained muscle.

Now I did have a turkey and pepper jack sandwhich drowned in honey mustard with some cheezit crackers for breakfast. My mother thinks it was all Gastrointestinal related.

I'm afraid it was a cramp in the muscles of my chest. On and off for the past year at least I will have the odd popping twitch in muscles between my ribs, the intercostal area I think they call it?

I recall someone saying twitches in the chest walls and abdomen in general are a sign of something scary. Has anyone else had twitches in the intercostal area? Does this pain I had this morning sound like a cramp?
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Spent in the morning in the ER, worried.

Postby Yuliasir on March 12th, 2016, 12:21 am

I had cramps in the lower ribs region evoked by moving, leaning down etc. Wery painful. It was 5 or 6 years ago and I am still here.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Arkansan on March 12th, 2016, 10:36 am

This lasted for a couple of hours, and the area is still tender this morning. That's what scares me. However I can't help but wonder if it isn't at least partially digestive, I've had tons of gas the past 24 hours and my diet is abysmal.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby guitarguy11 on March 12th, 2016, 3:08 pm

I have had a few twitches in my rib cage area and had a long bout with abdominal twitches last fall. Still occasionally have some there. My neuros thought nothing about them. I really think it is wrong to say that twitches in particular areas mean something is not BFS. My neuros have said you can twitch anywhere with BFS, it is just more common in areas where muscles are used more (tongue, legs, feet, hands, etc). I have noticed when my anxiety is higher, I am more tense and much more prone to strain or pull a muscle. I bet that is what is going on with you. Sounds like you need to work on your diet and maybe being a bit more active. You have had this for a long time. I would be surprised if it is MND.
guitarguy11

Postby leroyb on March 13th, 2016, 6:54 am

Twitches in a particular area are not more indicative of anything.
leroyb
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on March 14th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Your mothers comment about a possible gut connection could be spot on.

Food can trigger a lot of these symptoms for a lot of people here. That's been proven.

Just keep in mind that this is primarily a disorder of the nerves and muscles. That's all it is. As a result, you will run into the craziest, weirdest symptoms that may be indicative of every major disease in the book eventually. But then it will go away, and something new will happen. But note that its always related to nerves or muscles.

Your job is to recognize that it does this, and learn how to just relax when something new comes. Because it always goes away eventually. Or proves itself to be nothing of concern. Eventually I got to the point where I would laugh and shake my head when something new would come up. When you get to that point, you'll start healing all the damage you are doing to yourself by getting upset. And believe me, that quadruples the symptoms.

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on July 16th, 2016, 5:34 am

Try and plant based diet for a couple weeks.

Come up with a mild exercise plan. Think anti-inflammatory.

What's your age? What's your social life like?

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics