Upper back pain, twitches, vibrations.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Upper back pain, twitches, vibrations.

Postby Arkansan on February 28th, 2016, 4:52 pm

I posted about my other symptoms in another thread. However the past few days the spot between my shoulder blades and right under my neck like 6-8 inches down is staying painful and "sore". It feels a little tight and just off somehow, and now I am having twitches of the muscles in the back surrounding that area. The other twitches are back as well, left elbow, thighs, quads, face and scalp. My left knee is popping about every third step when I walk. Also I keep having the odd vibrating sensation in random muscles.

Does all of this sound normal to bfs? What's up with that particular spot between my shoulders feeling tight and painful? I also get a random tight, pinched feeling in my elbows. I'm miserable with this stuff here lately and actually feel bad again.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Upper back pain, twitches, vibrations.

Postby emmie.s on February 28th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Yes, the pain is very normal for BFS. I think it may indicate inflammation, which leads to twitching. Any time I injure myself I tend to twitch in that spot. Ex: once I tore my Achilles tendon, and the entire leg twitched like one big hotspot until it was 100% healed.
I too deal with tight muscles, and it may be related to auto-immune stuff. Vibrating feelings are very common as well. Hope you feel better soon, maybe a deep tissue massage to work out the tightness would help.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Arkansan on February 28th, 2016, 8:28 pm

I'm afraid that the pain in my back/shoulder area is actually from a cramp. The pain isn't debilitating, rather it's just annoying I can carry on just fine if I had to rate it 1-10 I would say maybe a 2?

It really scares me because of a poster here a few years back who did have MND who I recall started with pain in his back lasting days.

Now in all fairness this all started after about 3 solid weeks of heavy working out, mostly hitting a punching bag, while still being right over weight. I also work a physical job and all week have been filling a cooler full of beer crates.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Yuliasir on February 29th, 2016, 12:16 am

Holy cow, fellow, you just got your muscles or tendodns damaged. I do have tha same for solid six months since I assumingly damaged my shoulder on fitness session. Get massage, rest and some hot oitment, and you would be Ok.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics