Chris Kresser on Low Dose Naltrexone

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Chris Kresser on Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby BFSBurger on April 10th, 2015, 8:51 pm

If you haven't heard of it, you might be interested. One user here reported it helped him significantly.

I have a feeling others may have an opposite reaction. I am considering trying it, as I do feel that I have some sort of inflammatory immune condition.

Some people however respond feeling worse, but it may truly be worth the trial and error, as some people report feeling amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... top4#t=107

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Re: Chris Kresser on Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 11th, 2015, 2:53 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Buzznerd123 on April 12th, 2015, 5:47 pm

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby BFSBurger on April 17th, 2015, 7:44 pm

He's not the most masculine guy out there. He's definitely got "caucasian" features :) And he's dealt with very serious health problems, which got him into the place he's at today with all this research. He had to find his own solutions, and cure his own health problems. So he's a very "slight" person in stature. Definitely doesn't exude vitality and stature. But he's dealing with chronic health conditions as well.

I finally went to a doctor who commented (its always the ER doctors who strike me as the most helpful, educated, and intelligent) that I clearly have an inflammatory immune condition of some kind. I'd been noticing my red cheeks and nose for months, but doctors in their stupidity just rolled their eyes at me. I stopped by an urgent care because I developed an inflammatory eye infection of some sort. An ER doctor was attending that night, and she commented "You need to get tested for the various inflammatory immune conditions, so you can get on treatment". My jaw about dropped to the floor. I said "Who are you? What are you? You can't be a doctor. Doctors don't say things like that!". She clarified she's an ER doctor and gave me the name of a couple local physicians who supposedly think like her.

Point being - LDN seems to be a possible option for me. If you search it on the Phoenix Rising forums you will find a ton of people trying it out. Some have very bad reactions. Others have outstanding reactions. Doesn't hurt to try.

Proper protocol is to start very very low. Like maybe 0.5mg or 1mg ... and work your way up over time. I don't deal with chronic pain, so I don't know if it will help. But I absolutely do deal with systemic inflammation, all over the *beep* place. And its supposed to help that. I feel outstanding on ibuprofen, aleve, and other ant-inflammatories like steroid inhalers. Yet I test negative for ANA and SED rate. I have developed a clear case of Rosacea on my face. We shall see...
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics