TENS Unit

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

TENS Unit

Postby switched on March 23rd, 2015, 8:36 pm

I recently got a TENS unit for shoulder pain. (For those of you unfamiliar with TENS, it's a battery operated patch that goes on your skin and you can adjust the voltage/intensity and speed of the shocks.

I can't believe it.

It's BFS in a box.

there's no doubt in my mind that BFS is caused by misfiring electricity in my body.

---------

I can adjust the settings from the tiniest vibrate, to full on thumpers. And every twitch in between.

I can even turn it so high my entire shoulder jerks up and down. Like towards the ceiling.

The small vibrations are EXACTLY like the "buzzers".

It's even a little bit fun in a twisted way. Maybe because FINALLY, I feel like I can control BFS.... if only in one location at a time.
Last edited by switched on March 23rd, 2015, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
switched

Re: TENS Unit

Postby MarioMangler on March 23rd, 2015, 9:07 pm

I had the same experience when I went through physical therapy for my knee recently. They hooked me up to the TENS machine and yep, that's basically controlled BFS. You can control the twitches and the strength of them just by playing around with the dial. It was kind of fun.

Enjoy your new toy.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby Xina535 on March 27th, 2015, 10:47 am

I bought myself one (in the US - can't buy them here in Germany as a patient) and then I was prescribed one from my orthopedic in Germany to rent.

I agree, they feel like twitches, and also on some settings what I described as "pulsating" or "vibrations" in my posts. When they are on high and they pull my muscles up for a second, I would consider that more of a spasm, cause that's a big contracting motion.

I found that they can loosen my muscles, but, I have also found they make me twitch more. My physiotherapist told me it's important to find the right 'program' on there for you. Some are just for muscle tension, some are for neuro-type pain, others for joint problems. I will use them now, but with a little more caution.
Xina535
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics