General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby Buzznerd123 on March 12th, 2015, 5:19 am

Last edited by Buzznerd123 on May 1st, 2016, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buzznerd123
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Lacking control increases illusory pattern perception

Postby BFSBurger on March 13th, 2015, 5:12 pm

I have to admit. BFS has made me into a hypochondriac. I wasn't one before. At least not to this level. Now I feel like after 3 years of zero diagnosis, I'm waiting for the "true condition" to reveal itself. So I see demons under every rock. But after awhile, the symptom list tends to stop becoming "new". You end up in a cycle of things you've seen before. And this results in decreased concern, as you've been through it a few times already. It was nothing to worry about then, so its nothing to worry about now. This is obviously why folks who've had it a long time seem far more chill than the new folks.
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Postby misterjuanperalta on March 13th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Correct! It helps the anxiety.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Ghayes420 on March 16th, 2015, 8:53 am

I would tend to agree with what Kevon says above however, I haven't found that 'loop' of repeating symptoms. For me its a never ending journey of brand new symptoms and challenges. Every time a new one is faced, the battle restarts itself. It is not an easy syndrome to manage for those of us who have more severe cases.
A very proud fasciculator since 8/14/2011. :)
Ghayes420
Hero
Hero

Postby BFSBurger on March 16th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Ghayes420 wrote:I would tend to agree with what Kevon says above however, I haven't found that 'loop' of repeating symptoms. For me its a never ending journey of brand new symptoms and challenges. Every time a new one is faced, the battle restarts itself. It is not an easy syndrome to manage for those of us who have more severe cases.

Sorry to hear that. And I guess I shouldn't lie. There's usually something new. For me though, the new things seem to have nothing to do with BFS. But they are definitely strange. My body is definitely different than it was before this began.

I guess what I was thinking is: I somehow got used to there always being something new. And sometimes (many times) things would re-cycle back. I guess it became a situation where I just expected new nonsense, and waited for it to pass. To this day I still get new, weird symptoms. But they are always random and strange. And always .... always inflammatory related. Or immune related.

I ended up with a Mucosele in my lip 12 months ago that required surgery. Inflamed, clogged salivary gland. Just had another one pop up this past week after trying to up my dose of Vitamin D. Bad idea. Skin issues - rosacea ... folliculitis ... irritated lungs. Irritated scalp. A simple mosquito bite turned into a "Bullous reaction to arthropod bite" (basically an immune over-reaction in the skin that turned it into a bubble of veiny tissue that looks exactly like cancer). Thigh muscles will feel achy for no reason. Usually when I am eating too many oreos or chocolate or simple sugars.

My dermatologist randomly commented last week that I should try an anti-histhamine for a month. She knows nothing about my medical history, nor my theories of BFS being an inflammatory immune condition. So it was intriguing that she suggested it. I remembered LaurentCH talking about how he began avoiding histhamine-producing foods and had almost resolved all his symptoms. In fact he's the one that got me scratching my head about the dietary influence in all this. Unfortunately taking a Clairitin doesn't seem to do anything. I get better response from NSAIDS, Quercetin, and Aleve. But you can't take those often...

-B-
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics