Belly twitching

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Belly twitching

Postby Vinicius on December 4th, 2014, 11:06 am

Hello everyone.
I'm a big fan of this forum. I had self diagnosed me with BFS about 3 years ago. No doctor here where I live had even heard about BFS, but with 2 EMGs and 1 MRI, all clean, I put my mind to rest and concluded that i'm not suffering from ALS.
My story is the same as most of other people with BFS. Started with a persistent twitch of the left thumb for about 2 weeks, and then everyday all over my body, for the last 3 years.
Eventually, i have a persistent twitch, and this time, is in my belly. On the right side, right below my ribs, i have a muscle spasm every 1 or 2 seconds. It's lasting 24/7 for about 5 days now, and it's not only annoying, but also starting to worn out my muscle. I'm a little scared that this just won't go away. Aside from the first time my thumb started twitching (which lasted for about 2 weeks), i've never had such a long twitching.
Has anyone have any tips or medication that i can use to reduce these symptoms? I'm already taking B12 and Magnesium for about 2 days now, with no help so far.

Sometimes I still think ALS will start after a few day with these persistent symptoms, but i'm trying to remain calm :P

Thanks a lot!

PS: I'm from Brazil, so i'm sorry about any errors in my English. :)
Vinicius

Belly twitching

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics