zoloft and muscle twitches

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: zoloft and muscle twitches

Postby enzoli99 on November 21st, 2014, 7:37 am

guitarguy11 wrote:When I was on Zoloft in July and August, my twitches went nuts. My GP took me off all SSRIs because of what they were doing to me - making me worse. As for those who say that SSRIs are not getting rid of the anxiety - my GP explained it to me like this - She took as piece of paper out and drew a long wavy line on it. The "peaks" of the wave were high anxiety points, the low points were low anxiety. She then drew a straight line about 1/3 of the way down from the "peak" of the waves, straight through the wavy line. She then told me that SSRIs do not get rid of anxiety - that's impossible with a medication unless you want to be a zombie. What reasonable dosages of SSRIs do is flatten the peaks so you get your critical thinking back. They were working for me on my anxiety, but the side effects with me were not worth it.

That's a great explanation! Before starting on the SRRIs, my twitches were all over the place but now its only on my left leg and mostly around my knee. That's what scares me so much, its the fact that they are not widespread. They are on the leg that feels weaker and that is giving me trouble. Were your twitches widespread or concentrated at one part of your body ?
enzoli99

Postby Jayden on November 21st, 2014, 2:20 pm

I'm on limbitrol for the last 2 months and twitching is worst , but anxiety is under contro for the most part.
Jayden

Postby guitarguy11 on November 23rd, 2014, 4:16 pm

My twitches were very widespread and then got worse on the zoloft. Once I was weaned off of all SSRIs, it took awhile, but my twitches and pain are now much better. But, I still have some occasional twitches that jump around. Neuro is not worried about my symptoms. So, every day I still work on not letting them bother me.
guitarguy11

Postby dolphin8808 on December 2nd, 2014, 12:57 pm

I am on zoloft and have been for years... But I the twitches came after I herniated a disc in my back, pretty badly. within 1 week I developed twitching in both legs. 90% in my lower limbs, the rest are through out my body. I think it also has to do with the high anxiety, my body is physically reacting to it all.
dolphin8808

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to General Topics