Twitching cramping stiff no weekness

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Twitching cramping stiff no weekness

Postby Kevo5684 on September 7th, 2014, 8:38 am

Hey , I am new to this forum but I certainly need some advise ! I have high anxiety about a** and would love for that anxiety to go away ! So it all started around 10 months ago I had some pretty intense twitching in my leg so I googles the symptoms and inevitably I got to some a** website and then it spread like wildfire went crazy especially at night an early minting while in bed ! So I got extremely worried and soon became obsessed with the thaught of a** so now here I am with the whole ice bucket challenge thing I'm freaking out ! I would love few someone to answer some ?s for me

1 . What is the difference between bfs twitching and a** twitching ?

2 . I have had back cramps it's a normal thing and rarely but I do get them in other places ? How much of a part of bfs is cramping ?

3 . How are you sure that it is bfs
Kevo5684

Re: Twitching cramping stiff no weekness

Postby Yuliasir on September 7th, 2014, 11:08 am

Hi Kevo,

1. There is not much difference between benign and malignant twitches which could be found as is. What I know from the experience is that people can experience any type of twitches - ripples, small, big, widespread or in hotspots etc. - and nothing of those are malignant. EMG is the way to see if there is something wrong with the muscle activity, but twitches are failry the same.
2. Cramps are common in may otherwise healthy people< BFS people also often complain for cramps. I personally believe that in our case cramps may be rather of circulatory origin (bad blood supply) or dehydration than of any neurological reasons. I personally an a cramper (intercoastalmuscles, legs and sometimes hands).
3. By the time running without any clinical weakness. 10 month is well enough according to actual medical consensus to be qute sure that your condition is not related to MND. No weakness - no MND.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on September 7th, 2014, 12:01 pm

Thanks for the post I'm still struggling a little how about natural remodels or treatments for bfs ?
Kevo5684

Postby Yuliasir on September 7th, 2014, 12:36 pm

BFS has unknown direct causes. But it definitely invilves immune system, autonomous and central nervous system, as people who even had not any complains for anxiety start to develop quite an anxiety or obsessibe disorder as an importnat part of the syndrome.

so actually time is the best healer - in most cases immune system gets calm with the time being, same with other systems involved.

I would advice distractive practices (any good working for you), tight schedule for 6-8 weeks (sleeping not less than 6-8 hours a day, initially even with a pills) - this is very important, I do not know what is your life load, but you MUST decrease it for 6-8 weeks at least, just tell everybody that you are SICK and need a tight schedule to be healed.
Walks before getting asleep helps to decrease cortisol level and you will get asleep easier. Check if you do not have any common sleeping problems like snorring (apnea), this also might be cured or at least relieved;)
I am so insistive on schedule and having good productive sleep because this really makes a wonders - it really HEALS.

Herbal pills containing plans like valeriana root, passiflora, and some other are giving good natural sleep and may help too.
Last edited by Yuliasir on September 7th, 2014, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Kevo5684 on September 7th, 2014, 1:26 pm

Ok I have been diagnosed in the past with OCD and it has flatted up again it was pretty calm at one point but with all this stress it ha got pretty bad again and I was wondering of maybe OCD went along with it !

Another thing I was wondering if people feel like you can feel your heart bear all over your body like neck feet everywhere I feel like that when I wake up I the mornings and I tend to over obsess about stuff
Kevo5684

Postby Yuliasir on September 7th, 2014, 10:44 pm

I personally never had this feeling but I had seen other people reporting that. I suppose it is part of our syndrome related to general hypersensitivity to any body action. Nothing to worry in terms of medical issues.

For wast majority of our fellows treating OCD/GAD or other anxiety conditions means treating main disorder and usually gives the best results.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby LKP1231 on September 16th, 2014, 9:43 am

I can feel that heartbeat feeling, that's just stress and nerves. I'm only a month in and I'm stressed!!
LKP1231
Hero
Hero

Postby Kevo5684 on September 17th, 2014, 7:14 pm

I've actually felt that heartbeat feeling for a while but I guess I've allways had some stress problems
Kevo5684

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics