Silly worries.

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Silly worries.

Postby Arkansan on August 23rd, 2014, 11:28 pm

Does anybody else here find themselves worrying excessively about exposing themselves to things thought to cause ALS? Like these days I am terrified to be around chemicals like pesticides. Or for instance I drank some Sams Choice bottled water that was bottled in Ontario Canada and now I am worried that because it is near the same lake that caused the Algae contamination in Toledos water supply. Like seriously have been melting down all day for fear that the water could have been contaminated with toxins from blue green algae known to cause ALS. Am I just way over the top here? There are days where I just want to put myself in a bubble.

I seem to have good days and bad days but I had really hoped that over two years in I would be better than this.
Arkansan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Silly worries.

Postby misterjuanperalta on August 24th, 2014, 6:38 am

Everyone gets exposed to many things, good or bad. If you've been exposed in the past, not much you can do now. You can try some detox supplements, not FDA approved. In your diet, try to avoid Gluten, Aspartame, MSG and the like. Everything else, choose products that say organic or natural. If you do these things, you're off to a good start.

Regards.
misterjuanperalta
Saint
Saint

Postby Kev74 on August 27th, 2014, 10:38 am

I've definitely become more aware about the toxins in our environment, tho I think it has more to do with health anxieties. It's impossible to completely eliminate all toxins, just do the best you can and don't worry about the rest.
Kev74

Postby Andreas on August 27th, 2014, 11:51 am

I was at the same stage! Try to eliminate things that feeds your anxiety. But try also to keep rational and to not overstate it because it can be more stress for you to eliminate that things than to find a good middleway.

Andreas
Andreas

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics