Cold Feet and Blue Toes

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Cold Feet and Blue Toes

Postby Watereddown on May 8th, 2014, 3:11 am

Whats up twitcher's!

Haven't been around in a few weeks, hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question for the panel. Do any of you guys have extremely cold extremities? My feet are constantly freezing. They also have a blue discoloring to them as well. I know this is Raynaud's, and I am 99% sure of it. Haven't seen a doctor yet, but it makes sense. I'm wondering if this is somewhat common for hyperactive nerves, or if this is yet another reason why I should still be concerned about MS (stupid google) ? Insights appreciated!!
Watereddown

Re: Cold Feet and Blue Toes

Postby emmie.s on May 8th, 2014, 6:34 am

Yep, I have the same. It's it too bad, but in the right light it's noticeable. Mine may be autoimmune related (lupus, sjogrens, mctd) as I've tested positive for ANA, albeit with low titers so my neuro and rheumy aren't even concerned (even with the sometimes blue toes).
Reynauds is common on this board, and oftentimes idiopathic. Seriously, don't worry about it being MS, if you do a search you'll see many BFSers have it.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby German2 on May 8th, 2014, 7:54 am

I have also the same. My doctor examined functional disorder of blood perfusion in Hands (and maybe feet). Not defenitively Raynaud.
Maybe it derives from an autoimmune desease in my case (still in diagnostics) and maybe from overexcited nerves (in my case due to a cervical spine syndrom).
My doctor she told me, that also in the blood vessels there are nerves. And if they are excited, they contract.
So that is a clear explanation to me and maybe for all the others in this forum...
German2
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on May 8th, 2014, 11:08 am

Cold feet and blue toes = Raynaud's. Raynaud's usually turns your fingers or toes white, and they often they will turn blue after that, and then red when they're getting blood back into them.

Raynaud's is almost always idiopathic depending on your age. If diagnosed before you're 30 or so, it's almost always idiopathic. If you're over 40, it's worth a trip to your doctor to check out, because it sometimes can be linked to autoimmunity (usually Lupus). But, this would only be if it's severe. Definitely no relation to MS at all.

I've had Raynaud's for 15 years (idiopathic) and it's worse in my feet than hands. I also don't have great circulation (I have always had really cold hands/feet/tip of my nose), so it's not surprising that I deal with Raynaud's.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby Watereddown on May 8th, 2014, 12:46 pm

Thanks for the reply guys! Really helpful. I noticed today that my feet are not cold anymore, rather warm, but yet they still look blue.It's really weird
Watereddown

Postby leaflea on May 8th, 2014, 5:13 pm

Me too. Cold feet and sometimes hands. Mom and cousin with Reynauds. Cold since my teens and worse again now with this bfs.
Matthew 6:27 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
leaflea
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics