Fasciculation Confusion

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Fasciculation Confusion

Postby dolphins4life on April 1st, 2014, 6:34 pm

Hi, I am new to this site. I have had Fasciculation's for about 6 months now with no "visible" atrophy or weakness. I feel like my right hand is weaker than my left (Right hand dominated), but when I grab someone's hand and clamp down, they say that I have a lot of strength. My concern is that I have *** and not BFS. After searching the internet and reading forums where the ALS patients state that the Fascics where the first symptom, I am nervous that I do not have BFS but ALS. At times, the Fascics are really strong while other times they seem mild. My right hand seems to have mild atrophy, but I am not entirely sure. Does atrophy happen that quickly, and do Fascics occur before atrophy? I am a nervious wreck over this whole ordeal. 6 months ago I was going to the gym and living an active lifestyle. Now, I am worried that this is ***. Can anyone tell me if Fascics occur before Atrophy or afterwards. I am trying to keep myself busy and not think about it.
dolphins4life

Re: Fasciculation Confusion

Postby DoubleD on April 1st, 2014, 11:02 pm

"when I grab someone's hand and clamp down, they say that I have a lot of strength"

With ALS you have no strength for that. NONE. U ARE FINE

That fact that you have FACS for months with no weakness is ano brainer. You are totally fine. BFS ALL THE WAY

FACS CAN BE FIRST SYMPTOM THEY NOTICE but once they do the exam, weakness , muscle wasting, dropped arm is what they find

You don't have ALS. Classic BFs. The more you twitch the better you are. Twitch away!!!!

You are fine

DD
" By this all men will know that you are my diciples, if you love one another." John 13:35

10 years BFS
24/7 twitches all over
Cramps, tingling, buzzing, and a host of other weird things
Until you own your BFS, you will never disown als
DoubleD
Saint
Saint

Postby perform on April 3rd, 2014, 6:56 am

The fact you said "I feel like my right hand is weaker" is a dead give-away of this being BFS. People with *** don't say "I feel", they say "I CANT". "Feel" indicates a sensory symptom. MND has nothing to do with your sensory nerves. The "strength", frequency, timing, and location of fascics is completely irrelevant. Getting MND after having fascics has the same probability of getting it after having a headache, stubbing your toe, or eating a mountain of pudding. They is zero relation between these things. Fasciculations are the absolute vaguest of symptoms and they do not indicate anything other than you have BFS just like the rest of us.

Side note: You are probably very anxious and stressed out right now and because of that you're probably going to notice what you perceive to be some asymmetries on your body. Nobodies body is completely symmetrical. You don't have atrophy (your hand would have lost all semblance of strength before that started happening), you're just scared right now and looking at everything with a microscope. It's not your fault, it happens to all of us but I promise you will get past it. You are completely fine!
perform

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics