Popcorn legs?

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Popcorn legs?

Postby Ginlyn on July 24th, 2004, 2:53 am

I know we all twitch, but has anyone ever experienced "popcorn" legs? The feeling when both legs feel like popcorn is going off all over the place?
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Stephanie on July 24th, 2004, 8:34 am

All the time!!!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby christi on July 24th, 2004, 1:19 pm

most definitely
christi

Postby Stephanie on July 24th, 2004, 1:29 pm

In fact, if I look at my calves (which I try not to do anymore) it looks weird-constant movement of muscles indenting all over the place. It's like my calves have a life of their own. Yuck!
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on July 24th, 2004, 1:29 pm

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! make it stop!!!!!!!
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Ava on July 24th, 2004, 7:10 pm

My calves are constantly moving and until klonopin definitely popping! I could feel constant electrical pulses with the twitches which are visable little dips. Now on klonopin they are still present but less frequent and the electrical feeling is much less.

One thing that worries me is that my right calf has this flat area where twitching typically occurs. Its on the inside of the leg (where it faces the other calf). I am slightly scared that this is some kind of atropy - the left leg is more full in that area. It could also be that I never noticed this until I started looking for it. No weakness and clean emg on that leg so I try to focus on this although this does bother me from time to time. :?

:? Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on July 24th, 2004, 9:24 pm

I don't think anybody's body is symetrical. My left arm & shoulder are smaller than the right. Some people have one limb shorter than the other. Look at the faces of people on tv-not even their faces are symetrical! I'm positive you just never noticed your leg before. I don't let myself compare sides or look at my muscles anymore because I freak out. I ask my husband to look. He'll lie and always say it looks fine. I just like to hear the words "yup, it's normal".
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Ginlyn on July 25th, 2004, 5:54 am

Ava,

Stephanie has a point. We are not perfectly symetrical.

I even notice when I lift weights, my left side is (and has always been for over 10 years) weaker than the right - and I've always said my right thigh is fatter than the left!!!

I believe if you really had atrophy, you would definitely be weaker on that side.

Ginny
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Postby Ava on July 25th, 2004, 12:04 pm

Thanks Steph and Ginny,

I agree with you both that I most likely never noticed this and the right leg is not weak at all so I'm sure its okay. What kind of prompted this anxiety is that I am right handed and right arm and leg should be bigger on that side I think. You two are noticing smaller less strong on left side which would make sense if its the non dominant side, which in your case it is. Do you get my drift... I am actually stronger on my right side overall too - even though there is this flat area on my right leg.

Oh, well no loss of strenth and all the rest definitely means bfs.

Thank you both for the encouragement!!!

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Stephanie on July 25th, 2004, 12:53 pm

Even though I am rt dominant I am not strong enough to carry my kids w/my rt arm yet I can w/my left arm. It doesn't always make sense. I have been obsessed with this for a year and still occasionaly am. With time you will feel better about it.
Stephanie
Saint
Saint

Postby Ava on July 25th, 2004, 4:08 pm

I know what you mean about carrying the kids but this is a function of adaptation. I do exactly the same thing - you carry the kids on the left so your right hand is free to open doors, etc. I feel much more uncomfortable holding them with my right arm too whereas I can hold them almost indefinately on left side.

I think this is totally normal. Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby sarahtonin on July 26th, 2004, 7:57 am

By popcorn legs do you mean you can feel popping in random places but not see any twitching? I get that in my thighs when I sit down after walking, it doesn't matter how far. I've had this ever since this stuff started nearly a year ago but I used to occasionally get it before then. It is one of the most annoying parts of this :roll:
sarahtonin

Postby speg on July 26th, 2004, 1:35 pm

I have popcorn in my left calf all day long. Well, now that I am on klonopin, I get it now and then -- but all day long. Yes, it looks like little indentions, in and out, flickering or pulsating spots of skin. Sound familiar?

This morning I woke up to a POP POP POP in one spot over and over. This went on for a while. I hate those rapid fires that keep repeating. That was the first time I have had that in a couple of weeks.

Ava, I wear leggins to bed sometimes to avoid looking at my calves. I haven't had an emg, but my doctor measured my calves and I believe my twitching leg is even bigger! Totally normal to be assymetrical.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby Ava on July 26th, 2004, 2:01 pm

THanks Peg,

I think I'll try the legging thing too - more as a reminder to "let it go..."

Ava
Ava
Hero
Hero

Postby Ginlyn on July 26th, 2004, 4:18 pm

Sarahtonin,

That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. You can't see them, but it feels like little tiny thumpers all over the place going on in both legs simultaneously.

Thank God it only lasts a minute or so!!!
Ginlyn
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to General Topics