13 months of daily eye twitching

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

13 months of daily eye twitching

Postby Aztec on December 28th, 2013, 2:58 pm

I have persistent eye twitching for 13 months now. It started at the left upper eyelid, but then moved to the lower one involving also a bit of the upper too. This is on a daily basis. Of course I do have other twitching spots that come and go. But this one persists and occasionally it happens also on the right eye. Did anybody have daily eye twitching for that long? I don't worry about ALS because I have been twitching for quite sometime and my EMG was clean. But I am thinking it could be some sort of dystonia… It's hard for me to believe that BFS insists so long in one spot engaging progressively more muscles (from upper now it is upper and lower). Anyone else with a similar situation????
Aztec

Re: 13 months of daily eye twitching

Postby emmie.s on December 31st, 2013, 12:00 pm

I've heard of hotspots going on for months and months. I remember having a Spanish teacher in high school with a persistent eyelid twitch that lasted the entire school year, and likely much longer.
The good news is that as you said it's clearly not als and chances are it's not anything serious, maybe you just hurt that one particular nerve. I hope you find answers and reassurance soon.
Take care.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby desbanks on January 1st, 2014, 11:40 pm

Ahaaa

I am three years deep in the land of BFS and I had eye twitches for 15 months , so please do not worry, its part and parcel of the package you have been lumbered with

Take care and GOD Bless

D Banks
desbanks
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics