Thougth i'd share this....doctors opinion

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Thougth i'd share this....doctors opinion

Postby veryworried123 on December 14th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Thought i'd share this as i have multiple friends that are doctors

-spoke to a few of my friends that are dr (some psych) and they all tell me the same thing. the minute you enter a nero's office the nero is looking at you. Are you typing on your phone? are you walking straight? How did you get there? Did you drive? Did you zip up your jacket normally?

are these stupid questions or things to look for? i wont stated the obvious but essentially no. the reason behind it is any nero will be able to spot a als patient right away. they just know...no thats not to say you won't have any NMD but als is almost zero.

one of things that she (the psych) recommended is CBT as they teach you to ask "where is the evidence" or where are the facts. a simple thing to do is write down all the facts on one side and and all the facts on another side so you can see if visually. document the "where is the evidence" this helped me a lot...not to say i'm not a worry-wort or don;t think about it daily...but this helped

thanks
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Re: Thougth i'd share this....doctors opinion and scary ques

Postby veryworried123 on December 14th, 2013, 7:00 pm

also wanted to ask one to the old timers if they have ever had this

once or twice a year (started a few years ago) when i'm sleeping and want to turn around or move arm...i feel like i try but it takes me a few seconds before it happens. instead of it happening right away it takes a 2-3 secounds before i move or move my arm

i told my wife and shes asked if my arm was asleep and i don't think it was but what about moving my whole body? why would this take 2-3 seconds

never happened when ive been awake and the last time i had that was 6 months ago and before i started twitching

please tell me this is somewhat normal
veryworried123
Hero
Hero

Re: Thougth i'd share this....doctors opinion

Postby Yuliasir on December 15th, 2013, 5:11 am

well, not exactly normal, but nothing to worry as about a dreadful issue. Most probably (becasue later you anyway are able to move) you experience so called sleeping paralysis, i.e., you have sleep disorder (very often at stress). What happens in it is that sleeping parlaysis is 100 % normal and physiological status necessary to sleep well (otherwise we would wake ourselves up by motorics), but in normal sleep first our motor brain wakes up, then frontal lobes, and in sleep disorders thigs are altered- first your frontal lobes say 'PIKABOO", and only in few seconds your breathing center and motor zones say "WHATAHELL?AWAKENING...OOOONOOOO". During that gap you can not move, however feell like you do not sleep (sometimes however SLEEPING in this stage), becasue of still sleeping, you may see figures, forms. one of the fellows reports even that he had seen writings on the wall, just as Nabucco king of the Bible, you may feell like evil creature sits on your chest preventing you from breathing (and in fact your breathing center is still in sleeping mode), etc.
My daughter has several typical stress reactions, including optical migraines and sleeping paralysis 9and twitches when she is VERY stressed, but nopt BFS like me, not yet). It is not dangerous but of course inpleasant. Shchedule helps usually.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Re: Thougth i'd share this....doctors opinion

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics