Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Gluten Intolerance

Postby muppetdog on November 25th, 2013, 8:34 pm

muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Gluten Intolerance

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 26th, 2013, 9:37 am

You can have a gluten intolerance without having Celiac Disease as well, and I do believe that this is on the rise. Thanks for the links.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on November 26th, 2013, 1:05 pm

Yeah, I just called it Gluten Intolerance to lure people in. Thanks SAM, just wanted to get some discussion going. Knowledge is power for the undiagnosed.
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby emmie.s on November 27th, 2013, 10:05 am

Gluten is the devil for me. I am sure it contributed in no small part to my BFS, and maybe even my positive ANA (antinuclear antibodies, as seen in autoimmune disease). Studies have shown that it may also be linked to some types of liver disease, and I always have slightly higher than normal billirubin (Gilbert's syndrome) so I wouldn't be surprised if it contributed to that as well. http://www.liverdoctor.com/gluten-can-b ... r-disease/ and http://www.liversupport.com/wordpress/2 ... c-disease/ and many other pages that discuss this possibility.

Thanks for the links. I believe BFS is caused by many things (virus, diet, stress) and hence there is likely no cure-all. I know some BFSers have tried it all to no avail. But if one person would benefit from diet modification due to this knowledge, as I did thanks to SecretAgentMan's post a few months ago, then that would be wonderful.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 27th, 2013, 10:12 am

Also people should know that gluten intolerance is reversible/recoverable. It doesn't have to be permanent! Thanks again.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby emmie.s on November 27th, 2013, 3:02 pm

Hey muppetdog, I remember you PMed me a while back re: elevated bilirubin. And it looks like you also found that cutting out gluten helps with your BFS (I'm assuming due to this post). That's a coincidence, it makes me think that we were in the same boat! :)
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby muppetdog on November 27th, 2013, 3:32 pm

I just posted the article hoping that some might see it and get some help from it. Unfortunately, I have not found that cutting out gluten does anything for me. But I am glad that for some it has. I am still searching for something to give me my life back.

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby muppetdog on November 27th, 2013, 4:03 pm

One thing I would like to add. Everyone is on this gluten thing now a days - it's a big buzzword - but I believe that you can react to any types of foods in strange ways.

For example. I read a post the other day, where a lady had seizures for 20 years, did an elimination diet and found that if she ate garlic she would have seizures. No garlic, no seizures.

Also, my internist told me she had a patient that, if she ran she was fine, if she ate Metamucil, she was fine; but, if she ate Metamucil and ran she would have a horrible pulmonary reaction. It turned out, after seeing a pulmonologist , that she had something called leaky lung - which I was told is like leaky gut. The Metamucil got into her bloodstream and when she ran it would aggravate its effect. Who knows.

My point is, gluten this, gluten that, its not a magic bullet. The human body is strange, people could be reacting to all sorts of stuff not just gluten.

MD
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 27th, 2013, 4:54 pm

You are quite correct muppetdog, people can be triggered by all kinds of things. Did you know you can even have allergic type reactions to certain people? It's bizarre and amazing. To confound the enigma further, did you know that people who suffer from multiple personality disorder can have allergic reactions to substances in one personality and be completely fine with it in other personalities? Although this sounds mind boggling, it actually makes much more sense to me when I consider how acupuncture based allergy elimination techniques work. By clearing out blockages or emotional issues your health can be affected in incredibly powerful positive ways. It stands to reason that people with MPD who seem to create partitions in their minds for their emotional issues could actually partition out the physical manifestation of those issues (actual illnesses and syndromes along with their symptoms). Here's a news story with some examples of switched allergies: http://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/28/scien ... all&src=pm

What can people do to overcome issues that may have been caused by their own energy? Well, your energy responds to how you think, how you feel, what you believe, what you listen to, who you spend time with, and what you ingest. Change all of these for the better and you will be well on your way to healing yourself. It takes time and there are tools to speed the process up like acupuncture, pranic healing, hypnosis, meditation, therapy, yoga, etc. Different tools are more or less effective depending on who you are and what area really needs to be addressed. Find the right tool that works best for you and your situation. The most important thing I believe is to actively work to change your attitude and how you habitually think. Negative and limiting thoughts will hold you back. Judging yourself and others will hold you back. Every single negative thought or emotion you have has energetic consequences. Thoughts are things. They have a real and measurable impact on us. Although each one is small they are cumulative. The good news is that they are not permanent either and can always be turned around. Again, it takes time so be patient and forgiving with yourself.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on November 27th, 2013, 6:12 pm

Pretty crazy article SAM (no pun intended). Fascinating how powerful the mind can be. Makes you think: maybe here in a couple hundred years dr's will know enough about the neurological system, immune system, and all the power of the brain to actually start to cure some of these "slipped between the cracks" people out there.

Fingers crossed, I'm sure we will all be dead my then :)
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 27th, 2013, 8:03 pm

muppetdog wrote:Pretty crazy article SAM (no pun intended). Fascinating how powerful the mind can be. Makes you think: maybe here in a couple hundred years dr's will know enough about the neurological system, immune system, and all the power of the brain to actually start to cure some of these "slipped between the cracks" people out there.

Fingers crossed, I'm sure we will all be dead my then :)

I don't think you need to wait a couple hundred years muppetdog. Here's the thing. There are doctors in alternative medicine fields today who take the factors into consideration that conventional medicine ignores or severely downplays. These factors include the power of the mind and the energy that it influences. The real problem is that conventional medicine doctors ignore this or worse yet call it quackery rather than seriously examining it with an open mind. It is natural for people to either fear or want to reject that which they do not understand or comprehend. Some people even get angry, perhaps as a defense mechanism. The important thing to understand though is that there are people doing real work and research while making advances in areas that will help people like this BFS community. People here are just looking to the wrong people for help. :)

Check out this news report out of California on pranic healing for an example of how progress is slowly making its way into the mainstream. Perhaps it will be a few hundred years like you suggested, before the real healing solutions are mainstream, but you don't need to wait until its mainstream to benefit from it today. I did! Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK_yYHIA5Xk
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby muppetdog on November 27th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Ok, no offense, but that is a bit strange. And, why were the subtitles in Russian? hahah
muppetdog
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby SecretAgentMan on November 27th, 2013, 9:52 pm

muppetdog wrote:Ok, no offense, but that is a bit strange. And, why were the subtitles in Russian? hahah

Seems strange indeed, but that's how our energy works. If you seriously pursue and look into it you will find validation as I did. Energy is very much a part of our every day life and it is the most familiar thing in the world to us because it has always been there. You just need to learn to recognize it. It is the feeling you get when you walk into a room and although you did not witness anything you just know people have been fighting in there. It is the feeling of being stared at from across a room. It is the feeling of thinking of someone just before they call you. It's the feeling when you know something is wrong or a loved one is in danger and you later find out that you were right. Animals seem much more in tune with this energy than humans. Ever watch the TV show the 'Dog Whisperer' with Caesar Milan? He's always talking about projecting the energy of pack leader and dog owners are amazed at the changes they see in their pets around him. He's consciously aware of and working with his energy and the dogs respond to it very well. People who are unaware of this energy think it looks like magic, but it's not. It only seems that way because they are missing the part of the puzzle that makes sense of it all. This is just like the situation with our mainstream medicine. They can't figure out how to heal or fix chronic health issues because they are missing the piece of the puzzle to make sense of it all. They simply cannot allow themselves to believe in such a thing either because they have been conditioned to not believe in something they cannot see or measure. It is there though and when you work with it you can validate it.

I personally believe that this energy is the 'real' us. Physical illness seems to manifest or adapt to reflect the energetic. It never seems to work the other way around, at least in my research and experience. The energy always precedes the illness. Clear up the energy and the illness goes away. It no longer has a reason to be there. The interesting thing is that we often look for external causes to our health issues. The energy that seems to determine our health conditions though responds to how we think, act, and feel! It's amazing the power we have and the abuse we dish out to ourselves without ever realizing it. Although we might never consciously subject ourselves to such things, subconsciously it seems to be the rules of the game. The more loving you are to yourself and others, the more forgiving you are to yourself and others, the smoother the ride is for yourself and others.

If you think your thoughts are just isolated to your own head and don't have any influence whatsoever on anything external including your body, you might be interested to see the work of Dr. Emoto from Japan who studied the influence simple words and intentions had on plain old ordinary water. See a brief video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAvzsjcBtx8

This is less confusing of an enigma when you consider that all of life is a part of this energy field and it is not just isolated to us humans. Here is a video clip of Dr. Cleve Backster who pioneered the polygraph (lie detector test). Dr. Backster inadvertently discovered one day back in 1966 when he was playing around with hooking a plant up to a polygraph that it was responding measurably to his thoughts. He devised many different experiments and this particular video demonstration shows a plant reacting to a batch of brine shrimp being killed by being dumped into boiling water with a random timer. They are repeatable but this information is still not widely known. Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGRluepFwdg

It's pretty darn cool to realize just how connected we are and how alive the universe really is. Our health really is far more a reflection of who we are and who we chose to be than many of us give ourselves credit for.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on November 28th, 2013, 2:07 am

Gluten has been discussed here before. There are papers reporting people with fasciculation and other neurological disturbances as presenting symptoms of Celiac disease. There is even a report of Celiac disease mimicking full blown ALS.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/63/6/770.full (notice that two patients had fasciculations and no gastroent. issues)
http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1038/ncpneuro0631 (A man who was thought to have ALS, then found out to be gluten sensitive and recovered)

I think it is pretty obvious that gluten sensitivity can be very well hidden or masked.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby BFSBurger on November 28th, 2013, 5:22 pm

TwitchyDoc wrote:Gluten has been discussed here before. There are papers reporting people with fasciculation and other neurological disturbances as presenting symptoms of Celiac disease. There is even a report of Celiac disease mimicking full blown ALS.

http://jnnp.bmj.com/content/63/6/770.full (notice that two patients had fasciculations and no gastroent. issues)
http://www.readcube.com/articles/10.1038/ncpneuro0631 (A man who was thought to have ALS, then found out to be gluten sensitive and recovered)

I think it is pretty obvious that gluten sensitivity can be very well hidden or masked.

So we have scientific proof then that gut issues can result in neurological and neuromuscular symptoms.

Well ... i think that settles the debate then.

Not surprised. :)

Thanks for posting, Twitchy!
How I resolved my BFS within 1 year of onset:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19128
BFSBurger
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to General Topics