New symptoms. Ugh!

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

New symptoms. Ugh!

Postby Tiber2011 on November 25th, 2013, 4:17 pm

Hi again, everyone.

Last week, I began to experience new symptoms.

I began to feel tremors and a feeling like I had swallowed a vibrating cell phone. My arms and legs felt it, plus vibrations strong enough to make my teeth chatter when looking up. I did have a lot more coffee and tea last week, but those don't usually affect me at all.

Saturday night, I was sitting in a bar stool-type chair, and when I lifted my left foot up two times, I got painful shocks. Went away when I walked around. I felt the vibration in me to the point my tongue vibrated.

The painful shocks returned on Sunday night when I sat on another raised stool, only this time in my right foot. I had a bit of social anxiety those nights, but nothing I haven't been through before.

Today, under my left shoulder blade, I'm fasiculating like mad, and I get little buzzing spots on my legs when standing upright.

Now, I feel shaky, scared, and wanting to call my neuro to see if I should have an EMG and MRI (again).

Do you think my condition has changed, or do these fit in with BFS?
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: New symptoms. Ugh!

Postby johnnythejet on November 25th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Be careful not to fall into the same vicious cycle that many others have. This BFS stuff is ALL about new, weird symptoms popping up, changing, moving, etc. etc. There is no new symptom that will all the sudden change your outlook from one of BFS to one of ALS or something sinister. The sooner you come to terms with that fact and fully accept it, the sooner these new worries and irrational thoughts will fade away. Otherwise, you'll lose 1, 2 or more years of your life worrying about the next doctors visit or EMG to hear the same thing, JUST so you can feel the sweet relief, albeit temporary.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Tiber2011 on November 25th, 2013, 11:09 pm

johnnythejet wrote:Be careful not to fall into the same vicious cycle that many others have. This BFS stuff is ALL about new, weird symptoms popping up, changing, moving, etc. etc. There is no new symptom that will all the sudden change your outlook from one of BFS to one of ALS or something sinister. The sooner you come to terms with that fact and fully accept it, the sooner these new worries and irrational thoughts will fade away. Otherwise, you'll lose 1, 2 or more years of your life worrying about the next doctors visit or EMG to hear the same thing, JUST so you can feel the sweet relief, albeit temporary.

Thanks, Johnny. I was starting to feel better, too. And yes, I get sweet relief from the doctor.

I keep fearing now that I have BFS and then something sub-clinical....
Tiber2011
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics