Help with Free T-4 and CBC numbers

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Help with Free T-4 and CBC numbers

Postby TwitchyMark on November 25th, 2013, 2:09 pm

I had blood test done last summer but never heard anything. Recently obtained the results and these were found to be out of range:

Free T4 .76 (.78-2.19) Free T3 and TSH were good (in the middle)

WBC 2.8 (4.5-11)

RBC 4.35 (4.5-5.9)

Hematocrit 40.7 (41-.53)

Neutrophil 43 (45-65)

Absolute Neutrophil 1.2 (1.8-7.8

Lymphocyte 46 (25-45)
TwitchyMark

Re: Help with Free T-4 and CBC numbers

Postby Yuliasir on November 25th, 2013, 2:29 pm

HI mark

basically except WBS (leucoytes count) all your oultliers are close to lower or higher range which means really nothing bad.

Slight leukopenia and neutropenia (deficte of white blood cells and neutrophils) has various root causes behind but I think becasue supposedly you still are more or less well, it may be caused most probably by B12 or pholic acid deficite which is VERY common in BFSers and for some of us seem to be even inherited.

Practically for me it looks a bit suspicious in terms of test quality that most of your blood formula indices are LOWER than reference range... usually people have some indices lower and some higher, you have only lymphocites slightly higher... but also very slightly... you may repeat the test if you want of course. It might be worth of resest if you feel unwell (I mean, if you have symptomes like unexplained slight fever for long time, purpura (small pin-like bleedings on limbs and overall on the body and mucous membranes), unexplained bleedings, fainting, rapid weight loss, swollen lymph nodes for long time etc. If you do not have nothing of that (except due to flu if any) than most probably you are absolutely OK.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyMark on November 25th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Thanks Yuliasir!

I figured there was nothing alarming but this was my first time looking over these. Thought I'd throw them up for some feedback. Yes, no return of any troubling symptoms for me despite little reduction in stress and worry in other areas of my life.
TwitchyMark

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics