Yet another eye twitcher

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Yet another eye twitcher

Postby Aztec on November 21st, 2013, 6:47 am

I have read a lot of posts here about people having eyes twitching all the time. However, I have a more specific question and I hope if someone has a similar experience to answer. My twitching started a year ago in the left eye and although it has varied in intensity now it has also progressed also to the right one. The thing it makes me afraid that it might not be BFS but some other neurological disorder apart from the time duration, it is also that lately the left eye occasionally blinks by itself like there was irritated by something. Well, could this occasional blinking be part of the BFS? I am afraid of dystonia type of disorders that can cause blepharospasm. To complete the picture, of course I have twitching all over the place in other muscles. But the most persistent so far are in the eye area. Any person with similar experience, please let me know!!! I'd appreciate your thoughts and experience.
Aztec

Re: Yet another eye twitcher

Postby Lene on November 21st, 2013, 8:39 am

Sorry to tell you, it's "just" BFS.

My right eye is twitching for more than 6 monts now (apart from my BFS since 25 years...), I can even force it to happen.
Why would you even look further than BFS if you have BFS on the rest of your body?

I don't understand.
Twitching évery minute since end of 1988........
Lene
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 8:57 am

I had a twitch on my eye for 2 weeks which was about a couple if months before my tongue started to twitch (solid every hour/minutes for over 9 weeks)... Since then if I sneeze or cough or blink hard my eyes twitch !! I have body wide twitching too, loads in my calves and right now my top lip is twitching so fast and so slight it feels like a buzz and that's been going for 2 days now !
That's only a few twitches I have but as we are talking face I thought I would focus on that area !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby bubbles on November 21st, 2013, 9:28 am

hi astec,
i had an eye twitch early in 2012 that went on for 4 solid months!it drove me mad,i went to optician who also noted my eye that twitched also had smaller pupil!i was sent to eye hospital for review but was told it was nothing and that 25% of population have different size pupils and some dont even notice!
anyway twitching went away,had no other twitching anywhere,got pregnant forgot all about it and BANG.... 3 weeks after i gave birth to my son all these strange things started happening..sensory disturbances,buzzing, feelings of weakness then twitching,and of course the eye twitch!
it dosent twitch that much these days but if i sneeze or close my eyes tight it will twitch away for a bit...
i think maybe my eye twitch in 2012 was probably the start of bfs for me,and because i was pregnant and focusing on the pregnancy i probably didnt pay attention to other twitches!! i dont know..
anyway your not alone here with on going eye twitch,take care :)
bubbles

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 9:41 am

bubbles wrote:BANG.... 3 weeks after i gave birth to my son all these strange things started happening..sensory disturbances,buzzing, feelings of weakness then twitching,and of course the eye twitch!
it dosent twitch that much these days but if i sneeze or close my eyes tight it will twitch away for a bit...)

I wonder how many people get this a couple of weeks after a child is born ?? Obviously I am a guy and didn't give birth but all the same 2 weeks or so after my 2nd daughter arrived I got this full blown twitching and sensory stuff but mostly twitches... My routine and sleep pattern definitely changed in that period, don't get me wrong I twitched before but not as concentrated thats for sure..
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on November 21st, 2013, 9:41 am

bubbles wrote:BANG.... 3 weeks after i gave birth to my son all these strange things started happening..sensory disturbances,buzzing, feelings of weakness then twitching,and of course the eye twitch!
it dosent twitch that much these days but if i sneeze or close my eyes tight it will twitch away for a bit...)

I wonder how many people get this a couple of weeks after a child is born ?? Obviously I am a guy and didn't give birth but all the same 2 weeks or so after my 2nd daughter arrived I got this full blown twitching and sensory stuff but mostly twitches... My routine and sleep pattern definitely changed in that period, don't get me wrong I twitched before but not as concentrated thats for sure..
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby bubbles on November 21st, 2013, 10:09 am

so agree with you anxios,
i have come across alot of new mums/dads here,poor sleeping patterns and bad eating definitely plays a role in my case!!
bubbles

Postby twitchydds on November 23rd, 2013, 8:03 am

I am very similar to you. My eyes are my worst spot. All four eyelids, although my first twitch the upper left eyelid is still my most frequent. The one year anniversary is coming up. I also have worried about Dysronia such as BEB but the only thing that keep my sanity with that is I also twitch or have twitched in just about every other muscle in my body. My right elbow is going right now. My eyelids are the twitches that annoy me and scare me theb most for some reason. Hang in there. Hopefully timebis on our side.
Jim
twitchydds

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General Topics