Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

General Topics

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Tongue twitches on the tip / body twitches too !

Postby moeSlow on October 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm

18 months since I've had tongue issues and definitely changes seen through pictures. Have you tried walking? I don't notice twitching when I walk or when I'm in public. An odd twitch here or there, but I'm usually not paying attention, the tongue is always burning, so that gets to me after a while, but if I'm eating or drinking, I don't notice, so I carry a thermos of tea with me to school, a cup every hour gets me through, gives me a 10 min Window of peace. Find little things that get you through the day, stop looking for that absolute cure. Luckily, discomfort may be discomfort may be our only hurdle in life. Learn to deal with it and don't let it ruin the health, fully able time you have. It could worse, it's all relative.
moeSlow

Postby Anxious guy on October 26th, 2013, 1:11 am

Your right moe I am trying to ignore it although as soon as I woke I can feel them on my feet, legs and arms and of course tongue .... I must still have high anxiety even though I feel a lot calmer at the moment..
Does your tongue twitch as well as burn ?
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on October 26th, 2013, 10:49 am

moeSlow wrote:18 months since I've had tongue issues and definitely changes seen through pictures. Have you tried walking? I don't notice twitching when I walk or when I'm in public. An odd twitch here or there, but I'm usually not paying attention, the tongue is always burning, so that gets to me after a while, but if I'm eating or drinking, I don't notice, so I carry a thermos of tea with me to school, a cup every hour gets me through, gives me a 10 min Window of peace. Find little things that get you through the day, stop looking for that absolute cure. Luckily, discomfort may be discomfort may be our only hurdle in life. Learn to deal with it and don't let it ruin the health, fully able time you have. It could worse, it's all relative.

Great advice, Moe! Two thumbs up.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 26th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Thanks for replying to a couple of posts I've made Johnny ! You've got a real positive upbeat outlook on this !!
I'm currently in the frame of mind where I am worrying about a pulled muscke pain in my glute a few weeks ago but I reckon I over stretched one morning due to chronic back pain I get on and off for 4 years but the pain is on the opposite side which freaked me out !!! I really need to calm and stop suspecting every pain or ailment is something bad !!
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on October 26th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Getting worked up and worried every time you get a new pain is no way to live. The key is acceptance. Accept that you have a benign condition with symptoms that may be annoying, but completely harmless. As long as you have some lingering fear this may be something more (which it isn't) you will continue to be plagued by irrational fears.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 27th, 2013, 5:45 am

I don't know why it's hard to stop worrying .... I've noticed some twitches that I dont really feel as they are slight... Right now I have random ones all over and almost every second sometimes but my tricep is going constant like a slow large muscle twitch on my right arm all morning and I can't really feel it all the time... This just constantly gets me down as it started with my to gue and now everywhere ! I thought I got rid of this years ago when my chin stopped after a few months ! I can accept twitches now and again but this is a barrage !!! :-(
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 28th, 2013, 1:12 am

Yep woke up and my right tricep is still doing the slow twitch thing in a few areas near my elbow !!! This is a new thing for me :-(
I actually have to put my hand on the spot to feel them all as some I can't feel !!!
Is this a BFS thing for many of you? It's constant....
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Yuliasir on October 28th, 2013, 2:35 am

yes it is becasue you have no weakness :)

no matter how your body ripples, jerks, twitcehs or whatever, unless you do not have clinical weakness, it is nor MND nor its precursor.
Yuliasir
Saint
Saint

Postby Anxious guy on October 28th, 2013, 3:22 am

It's got me worried as its just slowly twitching on and off all the time and I can feel some but a lot I can't feel in my right arm.... I looked in the search bar but found it hard to find others with the same kind of twitches they can't feel unless the touch it.... :-s
Actually when I stare long enough and look at my legs I see the same kinda twitches... Really slight and almost can feel them, not like my usual big twitches.... May e that's my body calming down ? I pray that's what it is as I don't seem to be getting the big ones as often ... It's almost like crawly feeling twitches that are soft...
I would like to hear if more people get this type too please...
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 29th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Feeling quite calm today but still twitching all over although maybe not to the same amount... Tongue still at it and calves and the latest spot ... My right tricep is periodically slowly going up and down every so many seconds :-s
Then sometimes it doesn't seem to do it....
Does anyone else get the slow ones ? Up and down on one spot ? Most of mine are fast bursts except the tricep !! Oh and driving home my finger beside the index finger actually moved a few times on its own up and down !!!!
I want this to stop as I do find anxiety hard to fight especially health anxiety !
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on October 29th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Anxious guy wrote:Does anyone else get the slow ones ? Up and down on one spot ?

I actually had a slow twitch on the arch of my foot this past weekend, because 1) I tore my calf muscle, and so the twitching was nearly inevitable and 2) I was visiting friends out of town so my anti-inflammatory diet went down the toilet. Yep, that gluten and sugar was soooo tasty and worth the twitching. The twitch was fast at first, then it was like every 30 seconds, almost like clockwork. I am back to the grind today and I haven't noticed it much at all lately.
Fast twitches, slow ones, invisible ones, they are all just twitches.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 29th, 2013, 3:20 pm

Thanks Emmie... I really like hearing it from others !!
Do you think certain foods make it worse ? If so what type of foods do you avoid and have you noticed improvements ?
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby emmie.s on October 29th, 2013, 3:36 pm

Anxious guy wrote:Thanks Emmie... I really like hearing it from others !!
Do you think certain foods make it worse ? If so what type of foods do you avoid and have you noticed improvements ?

One day over the summer I went to Whole Foods to get a spinach cheese patty. After lunch, I laid down for a rest and was brought to tears from the twitches all over my body. One second the arm, the next the leg, etc. Plus whatever hotspot of the week. I made the connection at that point. The main ingredient was wheat.

I found that cutting out gluten completely, as well as cutting out other inflammatory foods helped immensely. I also bought a quality probiotic and I believe that helped as well. It took about two weeks to see improvement, and I almost gave up hope several times.

I have tested weakly positive for ANA (meaning auto-immune, such as Lupus) and the Accupunturist thought all along that it was autoimmune. Inflammatory foods can trigger an autoimmune response. An anti inflamatory diet made sense in my case, because I was on antibiotics way too much, and my diet pretty much consisted of carbs and sugars. I struggled with low blood pressure, low iron, and low B-12. I also have Gilbert's syndrome, which is a benign syndrome which means my bilirubin is sometimes slightly elevated, especially when I fast. There may or may not be a correlation between any of that...and a gluten free diet may not work for every BFS sufferer. But, if it helps at least one, I would be very happy.

I might add that I still get the occasional twitch, but it is nothing like I was, with hotspots and twitches all over. Also, you have to be in the right frame of mind and get your anxiety under control, because that will certainly amplify any benign symptoms, regardless of your diet.
emmie.s
Hero
Hero

Postby Anxious guy on October 29th, 2013, 4:07 pm

You've done a fair bit of research !!! I eat a lot of bread ... Gluten loaded no doubt !!
I got a loads of blood tests done and there were slight abnormalities that where just above or below the set limits but the doctor said it was "acceptable" however the neurologist requested the reports...
It freaked me when I seen all the "abnormals" when the doc said it was all ok...
Here is a few that were abnormal...the normal parameters are in the (x)...
White cell 3.9 (4-10), mean corpusc 356 (315-350), serum folate 18.9 (4.6-18.7), serum bicarbonate 32 (22-30), serum creatinine 109 (59-104), serum albumin 51 (35-50), everything else was within normal range...
Does any of that mean much to you or anyone else ?
Anxious guy
Hero
Hero

Postby JOHN1189KY on October 29th, 2013, 4:43 pm

I have read a lot about A*S, (I even bought a clinical neurology book online) & I have never heard of buzzing sensations as a symptom/sign of A*S. Like our friends here said, in the absense of objective weakness, there is no reason to suspect anything other than anxiety. If your anything like me, you go into state of hypervigilance because of anxiety & stress. Which in turn causes more anxiety/stress. It is a bad cycle to be caught in. But we are all in this together, so just remeber that we got your back!
JOHN1189KY

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to General Topics